After the referendum

Northern jock

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After the vote next week, whichever way it goes, can we get back to normal in here?

Talking shite and not ripping folks heads off for having different opinions

Can't fekin wait for it to be over, stop all the shite on tv, radio, bike forums, workplace, pub, whatever. I fully appreciate the importance and enormity. Still be good when it's done.

Does anyone seriously think ...

... that the 'losers' whichever way the vote goes will simply sit back and accept the result :nenau

I think that if it's a NO then there's going to be a lot of bickering over DevoMax and the inequalities between the rest of the UK. I feel there will be a lot of noise from the English over devolved powers and the Barnet formula.
If it's a YES then the arguments will go on for ages about the splitting of the assets, and probably there will be a fair bit of social unrest in Scotland if the result is very tight either way.
A can of worms has been opened, this issue will not die down for a very long time.

I'm even planning my own embargo in the event of a YES. I have already started to withdraw my investments from Scottish based companies, I have closed a bank account with a Scottish based bank, I have even developed a taste for Bushmills whiskey and the English stuff as well. Shortbread also dropped (just as well as I want to lose weight). My local butcher makes excellent haggis which I have often taken up north to family and friends, I will stop exporting that. That'll learn ya to break up my country :D

but were not all equal the 1100GS owners wish to open their own forum away from the nasty 1200GS owners now thats gona be a split lol

We will however expect to be able to use these forums free of charge, and BMW to keep producing us spares even if it's un economical.

When the Sweatie's pathetic, ill reasoned and masochistic attempt to break away inevitably fails, it will settle down for a bit.

Them we English will rise and have a vote to expel them for treachery :rob :thumb2

Whatever the result, around 50% of the people that live in Scotland will be disappointed - and they will now focus on the other half of the population as the people that have upset them, rather than the English. Good luck to them

Back
Top Bottom