A new ferry to Denmark?

I don't think there is much point of going from Harwich to the hook from Wiltshire may as well use the chunnel and ride the whole way. The ferry to Ebsjerg would have allowed more riding and less resting time in Sweden/Denmark.

Thanks Gossy I think we may do that. We would be past Lubeck and maybe to Puttgarden by late afternoon. Then we would only be 100 miles from Copenhagen and not far behind ferry schedule anyway. I can't see they are going to be up and running for Easter if they haven't even got a boat; one of the basics I would have thought.

I saw the photos of the on board disco and decided it was the one for us.....

Chris

Thanks Gossy I think we may do that. We would be past Lubeck and maybe to Puttgarden by late afternoon. Then we would only be 100 miles from Copenhagen and not far behind ferry schedule anyway. I can't see they are going to be up and running for Easter if they haven't even got a boat; one of the basics I would have thought.

I saw the photos of the on board disco and decided it was the one for us.....

Chris

I had the problem last year with the DFDS outward as it has a collision with Harwich harbour 5 days before due to leave so quickly booked the Stenaline boat. I was riding up to Hirshals then over to Norway, the roads are motorway/autobahn but suited the purpose.
I stopped in an Etap/ibis budget close to lubeck, all cheaper in Germany and have beer vending machines.
Hope it comes together :beerjug:

Something resembling a timetable has arrived..... http://www.reginaline.dk/timetable-uk.html

PS : Agree with the comment regarding Harwich to Hoek, did it last week and it was a quite simple drive up to the German / Danish border en route to Norway via Hirtshals > Langesund. The benefits of getting off the ferry showered and fresh after a nights kip that bit further up imo way outweigh the the few quid you'll save doing the chunnel / channel ferries.

Back
Top Bottom