TE630

Dansin

Reaction score
Had a rip on the trails today. Nice and light and fitted with a Wilbers shock so had a plush rear but by god the front end was twitchy and nervous. Pegs too high and bars too low for me which is easily solved, but would that have contributed the front end issues? It's Molys old bike so has some fat ktm(?) forks and custom yokes, I wonder if the rake has been shortened? It's nervous enough on the trails but shakes its head horribly on the road over 60. Thoughts?

Mine also needed the bars raising and the pegs were moved 20 ml down and 20 ml back, the front end was standard and I had no issues
whatsoever either on the trails or at higher speeds on tarmac. Might be worth having a chat with Moly, he may still have the standard forks.

I can tell you they crash well, on numerous occasions. Had mine in Morocco twice now and never missed a beat, despite my best efforts. Had mine lowered and put Rox risers on for comfort and a 25 Ltr safari tank for range.

Only just seen this thread Dansin, I've got Paintman's TE and as he says there are no issues with the front end on the road and it only gets a bit twitchy off road at silly (fire road) speeds and even that's nothing to write home about.

GFJ - if your bike doesn't already have it you need to fit the Husky 'Power Up Kit' [1] which goes a long way to smoothing out the bottom end and crisper top end. A decent pipe then makes another worthwhile difference.

Andres

[1] I think I've a spare one if you're interested?

Thanks for the replies chaps. We think it's the front tyre and 2 rim locks causing the issue. It's not been ridden since, but a new front tyre has been bought ready to fit. Moly had the suspension set up by Revs and all credit to them, they've said to take it up there and they'll help to get it sorted.

Thanks for the replies chaps. We think it's the front tyre and 2 rim locks causing the issue. It's not been ridden since, but a new front tyre has been bought ready to fit. Moly had the suspension set up by Revs and all credit to them, they've said to take it up there and they'll help to get it sorted.

All sorted, Revs did say pop it up whenever I wanted, but the problem was the Michelin Desert that was fitted, now have a nice new Heidenau K60 Enduro and all the wobbles have gone ;)

Back
Top Bottom