How can you tell if your suspension is shot?

Good suspension is worth a big handful of BHP. You can have the craziest performance motor between two wheels, but if you can't put the power down because the bike is still unsettled .... then it's no good to you.

In real world terms (so getting away from the macho talk of 'getting the power down' .. :D) picture yourself on a bumpy back road and you're just tipping your bike into a corner that has a rippled / repaired / deteriorated/ cambered surface. You want to get on the gas as early as you can, just by a hairs width, and gently squeeze on the gas and pick up the drive through the corner. The time that you can't do that, is when yer bike is still trying to deal with the road surface. It doesn't want power now if it's still hopping and bumping and wallowing.

But if you've got good quality suspension, you will float over all that crap, and you'll be able to pick up the gas like you want to mid turn, and drive the bike through the corner and out.

If you like a good old back b road hoon, yes fancy exhausts and all that malarky (I have one too ..!!) but great suspension will always win the day ... :thumb2

I'm going with this line of thinking.

So recently came home with Maxton units on my RS12.

Looking forward to 2017 (no I'm not a 365/24/7 rider and its frosty out there this morning)

Back
Top Bottom