Mulling over whether to buy another outfit

Kenny

Trustworthy Scouser AND
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Toxteth scouser, made good ..now hiding on the W
Just mulling over another outfit; had three and missed them all when sold :tears... budget a max £4,000 and would like air-cooled if possible ( though not a Ural or an Enfield:p !! ).

Just looked on Eblag..silly prices/crappy outfits ( mostly ) as usual.......wondering what is out there ? :thumb2

What about one of these? M/G could be handy for those trips to the other side of the tunnel.

f166390369.jpg

Well got one from a lovely couple from way up in Scotland ( pleasure dealing with them ). Sadly it was the lady's father who had died and this was his outfit. It has needed many hours work going into the outfit. Just awaiting a new rear YSS shock and OE one was bladdered. All mounts underneath lubed and lots of surface rust treated/primed/painted etc etc. New battery; new screen; new plugs; new oil and filters etc etc. Lot's stainless gone onto her now :) All brakes stripped/cleaned/lubed and bled...throttle cables/levers etc all lubed :) Lot's minute paint splashes that have been T cutted away and waxed....bodywork is in superb shape for a 23 years old.......someone did an excellent paintjob on this Charnwood Super Sports sidecar...and slowly she is coming back to life :clapSo, not on the road as yet...but new fuel in....and she will be ready to roll ( and I'll take a better photo inside the chair etc ) :thumb2

Photos in no particular order........

Attachments

• IMG_8482.jpg
    IMG_8482.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_8480.jpg
    IMG_8480.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_8541.jpg
    IMG_8541.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 405
Right, new rear YSS shock fitted - lovely thing of beauty ( but NOT a 5 minute job I'll have you know ! Tank/seat/side panels/airbox/battery box/loosened and pull down frame etc etc ). I now have a rather firm rear end :D

In this months CMM there's a kwakasaki W650 attatched Year 2000, 15k on the clock fully sorted, good clean condition for the princely sum of 32 hundred.
Just a thought!
If you want the number yer tis, 07769 289242 Surrey way by all accounts.
Cheers.

OK...all finished now...currently Sorn'd but will M.O.T. in January 2016. However, I have arrowed an auxiliary light ( separate switch )....is this light needed by law - (it is E4 marked)? If not required by law, can I put a smaller fancy LED type light ( although I would have thought any light showing to the front would have to be E4 etc ) ?

Attachments

• FJ_light query.jpg
    FJ_light query.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 317
  • FJ.jpg
    FJ.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 281
Finally got her out into the open today....few more pics..... running as sweet as a nut :bounce1

Attachments

• FJ1200 Bluebird (1) - Copy.jpg
    FJ1200 Bluebird (1) - Copy.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 205
  • FJ1200 Bluebird (2) - Copy.jpg
    FJ1200 Bluebird (2) - Copy.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 236
  • FJ1200 Bluebird (3) - Copy.jpg
    FJ1200 Bluebird (3) - Copy.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 214
  • FJ1200 Bluebird (4) - Copy.jpg
    FJ1200 Bluebird (4) - Copy.jpg