Ride magazine - Route Napoleon and gorges - Eight day jaunt

Earlier this year - we did a day-run from Castellane to Mont Ventoux. A trip well-worthwhile, but a long and tiring day (400km) - you'd have thought we had pedalled it! :blast

Al:D

Millau is calling at the end of March 2016 for myself and a chum. The womenfolk are flying down to meet us there for a few days so this looks like a great thread from Monseur Le Moto, as usual.
Merci bien mon petit croissant.

Millau is calling at the end of March 2016 for myself and a chum. The womenfolk are flying down to meet us there for a few days so this looks like a great thread from Monseur Le Moto, as usual.
Merci bien mon petit croissant.

You are in for a treat the road from St Enime to Millau is my absolute favourite so far

Tarn gorge is cracking if going to Milau. Good area in general.

As to snow, we had snow in 2014 over the St Bernard pass coming from (hot) Italy to (cold and wet) Bourge st Maurice in France. That was in July!

General rule of thump for high passes is June for them to be open. May some still closed.

Tarn gorge is cracking if going to Milau. Good area in general.

As to snow, we had snow in 2014 over the St Bernard pass coming from (hot) Italy to (cold and wet) Bourge st Maurice in France. That was in July!

General rule of thump for high passes is June for them to be open. May some still closed.

I for one can second that one the tarn gorge for me was spectacular definitely worth a ride through !

Has anyone done this ride route... thinking of doing it end of july with the wife over 10 days?

Has anyone done this ride route... thinking of doing it end of july with the wife over 10 days?

which route are we talking about, the one pictured in the map? or tarn gorge to milau, or the ride routes.

Ride route... slightly altered by Mr wapping

Sent from my HTC One_M8 dual sim using Tapatalk

I have done most of the routes on that file but not all on the same trip, but doing it all in 10 days would be doable, it depends on what you and the good lady want out of your holiday, there are indeed some stunning areas on route, you have Avignon and orange and aix en provence if you like a bit of history, and then you have the gorges and part of the RDGA for the views and a whole raft of other places, not to mention the roads. Look at where you would want to stay for your rest days(sightseeing) and work around that.

Back
Top Bottom