Scotland to the Nordkapp

Cheers Symon..really enjoyed that... Have to pencil that in for 2016 :)

I only took it on the trailer down to near Folkestone because I was needing iton the continent in late July .
After I crossed back on the Holland Newcastle to go home I had a week at home then
Wifie n me went on the GSA1200 with one of the tour groups out across Europe to Croatia n parts round there. When the tour finished back up at The Folkestone tunnel
We still had 3 weeks playing time left so we stuck the GSA on the trailer and went down to the Pyrnees for the remainder of the time
Got to be one of my best years ever :thumb2
However back to the stuff in the bottom pic:rolleyes:

Looks like you've had a good year. As far as the house goes at least you have walls. We're 18 months in and the floors are just about finished. I've been told 3 bathrooms kitchen and living room have to be finished for Santa;)

Enjoyed that thanks.
Glad I hadn't read it a couple of years ago it could have put me off going. Fortunately we had lovely weather but turned round for home at the AC.

Cheers Symon..really enjoyed that... Have to pencil that in for 2016 :)

Glad me auld ramblings were appreciated:thumb2
Start saving NOW because lots of. NOK required for the job:rolleyes:

Looks and sounded great a bit much for me though I will stick to my ten days in Switzerland ;-)

cracking report Symon......makes war n peace look like a short story..... hope ya dried out by now.
done that trip although weather was a lot better ,,,best trip i av ever done....

Buy you a beer if we cross paths......

john

Most enjoyable report and pictures :beerjug:

Hi Boatman, long time since the Gathering of the Clans in Ullapool. Heading off to Nordkapp next month. What time of year did you go? I should be there around July-ish. Any other pearls of wisdom?

Rick

I'm seriously impressed! I've been thinking about Nordkap from Aberdeen and I reckon it's at least 3000 miles one way! :eek:

I'm seriously impressed! I've been thinking about Nordkap from Aberdeen and I reckon it's at least 3000 miles one way! :eek:

Something like that. I'm taking the long way there: Forres-Newcastle-Amsterdam-Cologne-Stettin-Ystad-Copenhagen-Lillehammer-Trondheim-Tromso-Alta-Nordkapp.

Haven't worked out the way back yet but probably Finland-Sweden-Denmark.

Hi Boatman, long time since the Gathering of the Clans in Ullapool. Heading off to Nordkapp next month. What time of year did you go? I should be there around July-ish. Any other pearls of wisdom?

Rick
Hi Mherkin
I went in June for that solo trip, went the next year 2 up on the ADV 1200 with the missus also a brill trip,that was in July ,weather was kinder on the second trip in July , though I recon it,s up to the weather gods , a 2/3 weeks back or forward ,just down to luck .

Well that's good to know. Still, it can't be much worse than up here in March!

You liked it so much you went twice?

Picking the missus up in Tromso so should be fine.

Aye!

Did like it so much that I went back with the wifie , took a detour out to the Lofoten islands on the return leg ,wondering how much better /different it could possibly be,as I had met several peeps who reckoned it was a must do
Well we were luck with the weather for it and it is -------just stunning, if the weather is in it, IMHO it actually is a must do.

I like big "road trips" and Norway lends well to people like me that are not out to rag the bikes on hard for days , I just enjoy tooling along looking at the scenery and I also enjoy the meeting folks and the camping aspect ,,,, I will go back again, it needn't cost a fortune if you camp and just buy from the supermarkets as you go ( which incidentally are REALLY well stocked ) everyone I met spoke better English than me and in the main are very friendly and open.

I did it 2 years ago leaving the uk via Folkestone and it was 5000 miles

Back
Top Bottom