Hyperpro springs

Comfy Old Boots

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the oem spring on their 1150 gs with a hyperpro one?

Rear shock on my bike is a bit long in the tooth and I'm considering putting a hyperpro progressive spring n the rear. Funds are a little low for buying a new shock, so I'm hoping this might be a fix until I can afford one?

I've put just the springs (front and rear) on my 1200 and it's made a massive difference, improved ride quality, handling, and particularly noticeable 2-up.

just refurb the original one. ive refurb's two now and theyre really good.
why fork out huge cash for something most people are very unlikely to need never mind use to its full potential.
unless of course you WILL use it to its full potential in which case I will get my coat :)

Somewhere on this forum is a link to a company that can refurbish your standard GS shock. I'd go that route before replacing the spring unless the existing spring is actually broken.

Here is the link

with postage and the exchange rate the way it is, it would be a lot cheaper to replace the spring than get it refurbished.

In terms of using it to it's full potential, I'm not too sure what you mean. I've a set of wilbers on my other bike and they are amazing. Fantastic ride compared to the originals.

Robbin man, did you fit them yourself?

how do hyperpro springs fix the crappy, and usually knackered, OEM damping?

Good point. On the hyperpro and wilbers i've had, i found myself mainly adjusting the damping depending on the road.

I actually know the answer to this...start saving for a new one. Mind you, perhaps I could borrow an old shock off someone whilst I get it refurbished. The spring sounds like a false economy.

£120 pounds for a full refurb from firefox isn't too bad really. Just off the phone from them.

I put hypero springs on my r1150gs and had the shocks serviced by ABE at the same time, not on par with either ohlins or maxton but a huge improvement on standard shocks with over 40,000 miles on the clock

If you are posting to and from the UK make sure you check out parcel motel.

If you are posting to and from the UK make sure you check out parcel motel.

Well here's one for you, I bought a bevel box off motorworks. To get it sent to dublin it would have taken just under a week. I got it sent to the parcel motel and the box arrived last night. A little over 24 hours! Very impressed with parcel motel!

This place is funny. I still haven't done anything about my shock and I came in here to check out this thread and here it is top of the pile! Thanks neenaw!

Please share any advice! I'm buying a spring later today and if that does not cure my woes I'll send to abe or Firefox for a post new spring refurb.

Back
Top Bottom