Support the Ferry to Norway campaign

I must have been on the Newcastle to Bergen Ferry over 10 times in years gone by and it was great but obviously didn't make money. The Giovernment seems to subsidise so many things I cant see why they dont subsidise this to bring some money in the way of tourism to the UK as the Norwegans spend loads when they are here.

Just my tuppence.

Ferry

I have registered, got three non Gser friends do do the same. Really hope we get the ferry back. Fantastic country for biking😀😀

Close to 200 "Likes" now...

Let's hope everyone will travel together and go on a trip at the same time :D

They need freight as their bread and butter customers, caravans and campers each trip, the dfds inbound I sailed on last July only had 20 bikes on it. The stena line to the hook was full.
Norway is a fantastic country to tour in on road and on tracks, the longest I went some days without seeing another car/bus/bike was 1.5 hours, I wouldn't hold much hope on Reginaline being able to start even maintain a regular crossing.

Overnight to the hook - day 1 to Danish border (you might do more), day 2 to hjorriing , day 3 10am Fjordline to Kristiansand and so on.

@AberdeenAngus and all you guys here...

Just to say thank you so much for supporting the campaign for the ferry to norway. I've had a massive response to the campaign from bikers both here in the UK and in Norway. I would just say that there will be no ferry in 2015 but there will certainly be a ferry to norway in 2016. I'm working with a number of motorcycle tour operators and I can say that they are really looking forward to it. Taking a look at the stats on the campaign web site will give you some idea of the enormous interest from bikers, currently more from Norway than the UK, which surprised me to be honest.

So there it is, I'm really greatful for the support you guys have given the campaign.

See you all in Norway :beerjug:

@AberdeenAngus and all you guys here...

Just to say thank you so much for supporting the campaign for the ferry to norway. I've had a massive response to the campaign from bikers both here in the UK and in Norway. I would just say that there will be no ferry in 2015 but there will certainly be a ferry to norway in 2016. I'm working with a number of motorcycle tour operators and I can say that they are really looking forward to it. Taking a look at the stats on the campaign web site will give you some idea of the enormous interest from bikers, currently more from Norway than the UK, which surprised me to be honest.

So there it is, I'm really greatful for the support you guys have given the campaign.

See you all in Norway :beerjug:

On behalf of the rest of the UKGSER community, you're very welcome.
As soon as you are taking bookings for 2016, please drop us a note alone with the discount code (ahem)......oh you'll get it back over the bar anyway.
Good on you for resurrecting this much missed route.
Tek care and we'll see you in '16 :thumb2

Support the Norway Ferry Campaign

Yes, but I was also being serious......

Several comments already n this single thread like

Now extend that and imagine what it could do to a proper business plan.....It could encourage somebody to invest their life's savings into getting something up and running based on wishes and dreams of others.
A year later, the business fails because in reality the demand for the service isn't there.

Pragmatic and realistic or a miserable fekker...... just different ways of seeing honesty :)

As for miserable fekker I can't say.

As for pragmatic and realistic ...

People say ..."the route wasn't profitable" and they say that because the company that operated the route said "the route was not financially viable" :rolleyes:

The fact is that the route certainly is viable providing the operator can control its costs, and in the DFDS case, its insurance costs!

How many times would your house burn down before insurers tell you ...‘we ain't touching you’

Run a google search for "dfds"+"fire" and a different picture emerges! In that picture you will find your realism and honesty :thumb

Additionally, the ferry initiative is not privately funded as you infer. There is a requirement that the main funding comes from a public source, i,e, government, local authorities etc. The remainder will come from venture capitalists, as I understand it.

So not so much a miserable fekker, as not in possession of the all facts m'lod ;)

Be Peaceful

Last edited:
Done too! Last time I went on the ferry it was a Hull crossing!

Done with the intention of going AGAIN , Got to be one of the best countries to ride in
Provided you are not looking to do ballistic speeds ,, but it does not matter, the scenery and the ride More than makes up for it!,,,,
The folks mostly speak English ,good roads, little traffic ( very little traffic) camp where you like (respectfully). Or one of the many many campsites.
Scenery which is at points. Simply breathtaking
What's not to like .:thumb2
Go ride it!!!!!!!

Update
http://ferrytonorway.com/

Lot of folk are saying, due to the drop in price of oil, its now highly likely there will be a service in place late 2015 or early 2016.

Seems it'll be a competition between Newcastle or Rosyth to land the route.

Bring it on :clap

Back
Top Bottom