MT-09 Tracer.....

I ordered one too 3 weeks ago. picking it up on 15 plate on 2nd of March. At the moment I'm crossed about Yamaha not providing original topbox for Tracer for EU market. FJ09 which is US version of tracer does have it and it nicely finishes rear end of this bike and it doesn't look like someone chopped it off.

uploadfromtaptalk1423908885607.jpguploadfromtaptalk1423908908371.jpg

Yamaha only provides soft luggage support rack which can't be used for topbox mounting and has load weight of 10kgs.

Bike's engine is great and sounds awesome,especially with full Akrapovic system from MT09.

Heated grips are integrated into dash and no longer have aftermarket look.

US also gets hard-shell panniers but EU small soft ones. Don't understand Yamaha on this I'm afraid....

I test rode Vfr800x last weekend and build quality and looks of it is better than tracer, but after riding it about hour I was missing Tracer's tractable engine and its sound, sharp brakes and more sporty suspension without significant dive when braking. Clutch on VFR was super hard despite being hydraulic. Using it in London on my commute to work would be bit of hard exercise.
Engine wasn't as alive as on tracer and I was missing the rush of that 3 cylinder engine from any revs. When leaving city 30mph zone to national speed limit, opening throttle all the way was not very exciting until you reached 7-8krpm when Vtec kicked in.

Vfr800x is just above 10k and currently they offer akrapovic can, centre stand, tomtom satnav, topbox and heated grips. If you were to add all of these to Tracer you end up around 10k as well, but for me Honda was missing grin factor, so I went with Tracer in the end.

Topbox on vfr800x is only big enough to put your full face helmet, but mine didn't fit in. Forget about gloves or bike chain, which I put into my GSs box along with few other bits I carry around.

I was going for XR, but after running some online quotes for insurance for postcode I live without keeping bike garaged(locked in residential underground car park) I was ending up with 2k£ quotes...too much for me tbh, so I looked for cheaper alternatives and I found this Tracer surprising good for half the money of XR and insurance quotes are positively good too.

Ref. luggage for the Tracer - Givi will be offering pannier rails & a topbox plate so you can fit any of their monokey boxes

That is alternative - I'm aware, but I'd prefer to have key coded topbox and nicely integrated rack. I had Givi rack and topbox before on my ER6F but it didn't look as nice as factory integrated solutions like in case of BMW GS or Honda VFR800X 2015.

That is alternative - I'm aware, but I'd prefer to have key coded topbox and nicely integrated rack. I had Givi rack and topbox before on my ER6F but it didn't look as nice as factory integrated solutions like in case of BMW GS or Honda VFR800X 2015.

Givi do make a quality product, though. I have an E46 box used as a topbox on 3 of my last 4 bikes. It's been in use by me since 1996 and I didn't buy it new! You know the Givi stuff won't leak but bespoke luggage is a lottery - the Yamaha Tenere boxes are great once you get used to the fiddly locks but I've known people with expensive bikes who have to put their gear into plastic bags as the luggage won't keep rain out.

no, it hasn't. they told me that I don't know how to ride the bike. they said blipping throttle is not something that GS likes as it is not able to respond quickly enough, despite qs pro doing just that and it is fine. They checked all computer readings and bike doesn't show any faults. They also took it for test ride but they refused to ride it with blips! As predicted bike was working fine... but I knew that they wouldn't find the fault and they didn't ride another GS back to back,to spot immediate difference.

no, it hasn't. they told me that I don't know how to ride the bike. they said blipping throttle is not something that GS likes as it is not able to respond quickly enough, despite qs pro doing just that and it is fine. They checked all computer readings and bike doesn't show any faults. They also took it for test ride but they refused to ride it with blips! As predicted bike was working fine... but I knew that they wouldn't find the fault and they didn't ride another GS back to back,to spot immediate difference.

As said when we met up, your dealer is useless. You're better off walking away.:thumb

They will lose out in the long run.:rob

That's pretty much a typical response from a BMW dealer, next thing you know, they will be telling you how good the residuals are, (until you try and part-ex it!).

Got to love BMW dealers, I remember on the hand over of my TE the salesman saying "that's the traction control, don't mess with that"

Sales guy was told to ram it up his arse and I slated them on the BMW dealer feedback form, which they were not happy about. Generic answer these days is plug it in, check for fault codes, hand it back.

Got to love BMW dealers, I remember on the hand over of my TE the salesman saying "that's the traction control, don't mess with that"

Sales guy was told to ram it up his arse and I slated them on the BMW dealer feedback form, which they were not happy about. Generic answer these days is plug it in, check for fault codes, hand it back.

Still selling plenty though ;)

I wonder if the new Tracer will take any sales off the F800R/GS/GT as its Yamaha's equivalent size of bike.

so XR was no show at MCN....Ducati must be laughing now...their MTS was final product and looked great!

so XR was no show at MCN....Ducati must be laughing now...their MTS was final product and looked great!

I popped into a BMW dealer today, and there are rumours that BMW will be putting the launch of the XR back a few weeks.

I'd love a Multi, but residuals and reliability are holding me back. I've now seen 2010's for as little as £6k.:eek:

so even more delay? are they planning to release it at the end of the season?

Maybe they will punt this one out as a fully sorted package. I bet a few of us would have welcomed a delay to have properly sorted the GSLC out before delivery :)

Back
Top Bottom