MT-09 Tracer.....

Very tempted by the Tracer, its a lot of bike for the money. I could buy new for the price of a 3-4 year old GS. Only thing I'm worried about is what its like with a pillion on the back? Cant seem to find any reviews of the bike that include what its like with a passenger.
I think a visit to my local Yam dealer is in order.:cool:

I saw people trying it at MCN with pillion passenger and it didn't look very promising, especially with passenger having long legs. Without topbox there is nothing left behind passenger, sheer drop 😁

Hmmmm, may have to take the missus to the showroom with me then. Sounds ominous!

I saw people trying it at MCN with pillion passenger and it didn't look very promising, especially with passenger having long legs. Without topbox there is nothing left behind passenger, sheer drop ��

Hmmmm, may have to take the missus to the showroom with me then. Sounds ominous!

as stated above, whilst Yamaha will not be doing a topbox, you will be able to get a Givi fitting kit to use a Monokey box which can be fitted with a backrest - I will probably take this option once Givi get the kits in stock.

Looks like a largely cosmetic alternative to the standard MT09. Same ground clearance (135mm) probably means the same suspension travel. It can't be much though which is a shame because it's the long travel soft suspension (>175mm) of dual sport bikes makes them great on rough uneven roads.

The skeletal tail will mean a continuous shower of road filth being thrown up and sucked in to the riders back. What happened to rear mudguards? :D:rob

Edit. Found the suspension travel figures, 137mm fr and 130mm rear

I've ordered a red Tracer to be collected next month when the new 15 plate comes in.

Super Tenere is up for sale. P-ex terms have been agreed but I have the option to sell the bike privately. See the ad on this forum here

My mate paid his deposit yesterday, so if anyone wants a 2002 Fazer FZS 600 with 36000 miles, for £1500, send me a PM.:thumb

I've ordered a red Tracer to be collected next month when the new 15 plate comes in.

Super Tenere is up for sale. P-ex terms have been agreed but I have the option to sell the bike privately. See the ad on this forum here

nice :thumb2

Very tempted by the Tracer, its a lot of bike for the money. I could buy new for the price of a 3-4 year old GS. Only thing I'm worried about is what its like with a pillion on the back? Cant seem to find any reviews of the bike that include what its like with a passenger.
I think a visit to my local Yam dealer is in order.:cool:

We sat on one at the NEC last year and my other half said it seemed ok for room (just aswell really as I've ordered one :D ) but one of the first accessories will be a topbox :thumb

Had a good look at the Tracer today at my local dealer.

I must be getting old as I must confess to finding all the styling and weird angles a bit too forced and trendy.

I'm looking forward to something a bit lighter after the Crosstourer (275kg) :rob especially as I have to push/paddle it backwards out of the garage every morning then do the same at work and again at home in the evening :rob . It does seem to tick the right boxes but only time will tell :thumb

I sat on one yesterday at a local dealership - really nice size for me, i am 5'11 and have a 29 inside leg, feet on the floor no problem. Need a test ride now, then one on a 3-4 year old GS ....... but first the Harley must be sold !

Had a good look at the Tracer today at my local dealer.

I must be getting old as I must confess to finding all the styling and weird angles a bit too forced and trendy.

P&H? I was there on Sunday, and gave up waiting for a salesman to become available.:blast

We sat on one at the NEC last year and my other half said it seemed ok for room (just aswell really as I've ordered one :D ) but one of the first accessories will be a topbox :thumb

Givi's top box rack will be available eventually - it's listed on their website as "in manufacturing" but no release date. The part no. is SR2122 and you will be able to use any Monokey box. I have an E46 box which was used on all my bikes since the mid 1990s.

My Yamaha dealer tells me there will not be a Yamaha top box rack for the Tracer.

Givi's top box rack will be available eventually - it's listed on their website as "in manufacturing" but no release date. The part no. is SR2122 and you will be able to use any Monokey box. I have an E46 box which was used on all my bikes since the mid 1990s.

My Yamaha dealer tells me there will not be a Yamaha top box rack for the Tracer.

Any idea why? They made one for MT-09....they did for FJ09 ( as mentioned earlier in this thread) so i don't understand why they won't do one for bike which is aiming at touring market?!

Thanks for the heads up, I've got a Givi trekker box that'll get fitted eventually :beerjug:

It looks like givi rack will only allow 6kgs load, despite monkey boxes being advertised as 10kgs.

Back
Top Bottom