MT-09 Tracer.....

Tempted too..... Dont ride much now (family) but want a bike, capable for touring and reliable..... Competitors are 1050 adventure - similiar price nowadays..... Come from a GSA which i loved - not sure what to do.....

Really like the Tracer and the reviews I've read so far have been very positive. Serious contender for my next bike as I love triples.
These seem to be a refreshing alternative to adventure bikes which in my opinion are getting too expensive, too big and too heavy.
Only concern is legroom as I suffer with arthritic knees, can anyone report how they are in this department?
my feet are lower than on my GS LC. knees less bent.

Really like the Tracer and the reviews I've read so far have been very positive. Serious contender for my next bike as I love triples.
These seem to be a refreshing alternative to adventure bikes which in my opinion are getting too expensive, too big and too heavy.
Only concern is legroom as I suffer with arthritic knees, can anyone report how they are in this department?

Knee room is good. I started off riding in the lower seat position but once confident with the bike I have put the seat in the high position. I have a 32" inside leg and can get both feet on the floor on a level surface.

This was one of the main criteria for choosing the Tracer, in addition to the lower weight after riding a Super Tenere for 3 years.

Thanks for your replies, tecman and wessie (good name for a double act!).
Positive feedback indeed, I take it you're still happy with your choice of machine then :beerjug:

Positive feedback indeed, I take it you're still happy with your choice of machine then :beerjug:
yes indeed. visit local dealer and take it for a ride.

Oh yes. Did nearly 2000 miles in France last month, weekend in Wales in May plus commuting means I've done 5850 miles since 3rd March. With the great weather we have been having, I sometimes take the long way home. Just booked it in for the 6000 mile service on 1st Aug.

Really enjoying my Tracer :bounce1 it's a great all rounder, i use it for commuting and touring :cool:

My local Yamaha dealer has sold 50 MT09 Tracers so far this year and is struggling to get his hands on stock.

Yamaha appear to have a winner on their hands, mind you the proposed MT07 Tracer and the MT07 engined Tenere look like they will be stunners if they reach production.

Tried out a mt09 Tracer this weekend,

It's very light, I like the clocks, but I struggled with the switchgear, probably get used to it though, and I kept trying to change gear with the crashbar, and I have small feet,

the bars are wide and a little straight, screen was awful, performance wasn't stunning, but adequate, suspension was not great, but usable

and it was quite high,

I liked it :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom