Scott ....100 years

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Great video of this year's event

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/d7yi9Amg3cQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well someone has to say it, a well ridden GS.........
probably wouldn't have got both wheels into the first section.

Enjoyed that and reminded me of a good day out with a few tossers and a great ride home via Hawes over the moors.:clap

Its that time again, kicks off this Saturday. I have a meeting early doors but hope to pick it up from Grand canyon onwards.

I'll be at Orgate first & then Surrender, then Whaw & finish off at Reel's Head, before nipping to the Feldom finish

That looks very hard, nothing like the sections down here. I wouldn't fancy buying a " northern " trials bike what with all those rocks :eek:

I've only ridden a few rock sections that were at a twin shock event in Belgium. Nothing like that but still very challenging if like me you've never ridden them before. 84 miles standing up ?!! Yikes !

1st pic is this year's winner Ian Austermuhle, a local lad and a worthy winner, to universal praise in the sport and second pic is Dougie Lampkin who came in 3rd, despite being the winner on Observation only

Attachments

• IMG_3566.jpg
    IMG_3566.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_3539.jpg
    IMG_3539.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 290
That looks very hard, nothing like the sections down here. I wouldn't fancy buying a " northern " trials bike what with all those rocks :eek:

I've only ridden a few rock sections that were at a twin shock event in Belgium. Nothing like that but still very challenging if like me you've never ridden them before. 84 miles standing up ?!! Yikes !

Rocks, can't have a trial without rocks:p

1st pic is this year's winner Ian Austermuhle, a local lad and a worthy winner, to universal praise in the sport and second pic is Dougie Lampkin who came in 3rd, despite being the winner on Observation only

The boy done good! What bike is dougie on , ossa? Would have thought he would have to have ridden the mont ?

The boy done good! What bike is dougie on , ossa? Would have thought he would have to have ridden the mont ?

He hasn't ridden for Honda, on the Montesa for a good few years:augie

Latterly he has been contracted to Beta and then took a free ride on a GasGas for 2014

Now he's riding his own creation - a new bike called Vertigo, built in conjunction with Manuel Jane, who is the driver behind the bike

Dibs is riding the Vertigo and won the British Champs on it, this year and Dougie placed 1st in the 2015 SSDT on the Vertigo on its first time out

It's a cracking bike

Still a man's Trial (as spoken by Alan Lampkin at the end) today and the sections haven't altered 40 years later......

He hasn't ridden for Honda, on the Montesa for a good few years:augie

Latterly he has been contracted to Beta and then took a free ride on a GasGas for 2014

Now he's riding his own creation - a new bike called Vertigo, built in conjunction with Manuel Jane, who is the driver behind the bike

Dibs is riding the Vertigo and won the British Champs on it, this year and Dougie placed 1st in the 2015 SSDT on the Vertigo on its first time out

It's a cracking bike
Yeah it looks a great looking thing too, I'll look more later.

The montesa is a Honda (engine at least) is it not? Thought the two of them have been tied for years since the MH200/349 days.
I'd still like a nice 349 if I could find one. It was on my wall for a few years.(the brochure not the bike!) But I ended up with an RL250 then a new frantic 125 as it was a cheap one they wanted rid of when the professionals came out.
Good ol days they were:thumb2

Yeah it looks a great looking thing too, I'll look more later.

The montesa is a Honda (engine at least) is it not? Thought the two of them have been tied for years since the MH200/349 days.
I'd still like a nice 349 if I could find one. It was on my wall for a few years.(the brochure not the bike!) But I ended up with an RL250 then a new frantic 125 as it was a cheap one they wanted rid of when the professionals came out.
Good ol days they were:thumb2

Yep you're right Honda have owned Montesa since 1984

The 4RT is a HRC Honda, assembled by Montesa

Thought Ian Austermuhle was from Cumbria JB. My son used to ride against him in the nationals a few years back, unless he's moved. Gerald Richardson's daughters a hard little thing, her hands were trashed at the end with blood coming from beneath her helmet and she was still smiling.

Thought Ian Austermuhle was from Cumbria JB.

My son used to ride against him in the nationals a few years back, unless he's moved.

Malton, I thought

His Dad Jim has been involved with both Ebor and Hull AC clubs for years

Back
Top Bottom