Kreiga Neoprene Fork Seal Protectors

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Would this work, on CONVENTIONAL FORKS

http://www.kriega.com/products/Fork-Seal.html

I'm looking for some fork leg protection and have bought some boot gaitors, but not fitted as yet and requires a front end strip down

I then came across the Kriega seal guards (and it was a system I was thinking of home making already, with neoprene and velcro and the aid of a sewing machine)

It says USD forks only, but for the life of me can't see why it wouldn't work on normal forks?

Thoughts anyone?

I can't see why they won't work on conventional forks. Why not ask Kriega? They're usually very helpful.

IMHO for a retro Alp concertina gators would look much more the part :rob

Cheers,

Ian.

From the pics in your link it appears that the "protectors" are secured to the fork leg on the USD with cable ties, you cannot cable tie the seals to the stanchion on non USD forks, if you did they wouldn't last long........
Assuming you could make it work any crud that got past the protector would sit on top of the fork seals on non USD forks creating a nice grinding paste, gravity and the protectors make this less likely with USD forks.
That's how it looks to me :nenau

I can't see why they won't work on conventional forks. Why not ask Kriega? They're usually very helpful.

IMHO for a retro Alp concertina gators would look much more the part :rob

Cheers,

Ian.

Agreed, but struggling to find any with a 46mm slider and 60mm bottom leg diameter, in a 250mm overall length :(

Would this work, on CONVENTIONAL FORKS

http://www.kriega.com/products/Fork-Seal.html

I'm looking for some fork leg protection and have bought some boot gaitors, but not fitted as yet and requires a front end strip down

I then came across the Kriega seal guards (and it was a system I was thinking of home making already, with neoprene and velcro and the aid of a sewing machine)

It says USD forks only, but for the life of me can't see why it wouldn't work on normal forks?

Thoughts anyone?

Me neither? i have these fitted to the WP's on the front of my XC, and while they are easy to fit, i don't think they do as good a job as a full length gaitor. They also don't work very well with the standard plastic fork protectors as fitted to KTM's. Mine have rubbed big holes in these boot gaitors where clearances have been tight.

TBH it almost feels like a waste of time fitting them. With hindsight i would have preferred the previous full length version, as these fully cover the fork legs and stop the crap getting on, where as this new offering from kriega only acts as a primary "scraper" seal as it were, and still offers the potential for crap to get past and up into the seals.
HTH

Back
Top Bottom