how to disconnect gamin 350 from computer

DCB40

Reaction score
Has anybody else had problems when trying to disconnect their unit from the computer. I would normally go to my computer, find the thing i want to eject and then right click on it and eject it, i then get a promt that it is safe to disconnect it from the PC. Alas the garmin has no such options, so do you just pull the usb cable out, (which is not usually recommended) or what ???????? am out of options with this.

On a slightly different subject, bl**dy basemap is completely, utterley, totally, pants. Never in all my time have i had such a fustrating experiance with ANY software EVER :mad:. Thank god for tyre travel. OK rant over.

Has anybody else had problems when trying to disconnect their unit from the computer. I would normally go to my computer, find the thing i want to eject and then right click on it and eject it, i then get a promt that it is safe to disconnect it from the PC. Alas the garmin has no such options, so do you just pull the usb cable out, (which is not usually recommended) or what ???????? am out of options with this.

On a slightly different subject, bl**dy basemap is completely, utterley, totally, pants. Never in all my time have i had such a fustrating experiance with ANY software EVER :mad:. Thank god for tyre travel. OK rant over.

I have never had a problem just pulling the cable out, assuming you wait until whatever you are doing in finished you should have no problems. I agree Basecamp is less than easy, mostly I don't bother with it as all the latest Garmins can be made to work with Mapsource.

John

thanks for the quick reply, i just felt uncomfortable pulling the cable out.

Listen buddy, please PLEASE be really careful listening to anything this lot of reprobates advise you on.

It's all nice and just 'bad boy fun' at first (stuff we all dream of doing if our mums aren't looking ;) ).......things like poking your tongue out at coppers on the motorway (when you've gone past them, obviously!)
But then it all starts getting sinister and serious......leaving the toilet seat up, pulling plugs out of GPS units to disconnect them and that sort of atrocity are only the first heinous crime these bad mofos will get you hooked on....if you're not REALLY careful, they may even hint that you should try exceeding the speed limit on a national road, with all sorts of unbelievable excuses phrases like "It won't hurt anyone, don't worry, everyone does it" and so on :blast

I even heard a rumour that one of them (Mr K) once masturbated, and he wasn't even bothered by it! :eek

You stick to your comfort zone......don't let the big boys lead you astray......:comfort

Back
Top Bottom