Telepeage balls up

stolzy

Reaction score
I know some people on here have telepeage dongles to pay their autoroute tolls.

You might just want to check your credit card statement. Mine had a debit for €11,560 in favour of PayBox APRR. This being an extraordinary amount the bank stopped the card immediately (as I found out when I tried to put fuel in my car).

Turns out APRR tried to debit the card for €115.60, but got the decimal point in the wrong place.:blast
The main card I use in France is now cancelled causing me all kinds of hassle and expense. Apparently, the problem affects only 'a few hundred people'

Hard to credit in 2015.

The problem may be that in mainland Europe the decimal point is actually a 'comma', where as in UK Europe the decimal point is a "full stop"

The problem may be that in mainland Europe the decimal point is actually a 'comma', where as in UK Europe the decimal point is a "full stop"
I'd considered that, but it doesn't seem likely in an automated system. I find it hard to imagine that the debits are entered by someone sitting at a keyboard.

Also they've been debiting the same card without problems for the past year or so.

Back
Top Bottom