Beta Alp 4.0

Well, as you ask, I'll bore you with an answer. :)

The bike performed impeccably. The trek down to Cirencester (down the Fosse Way) was trouble free. The bike easily gets to 60mph and then on to 70 when required as long as there's not a strong headwind.

During the trial, I couldn't really fault the bike. Mistacat had made me a bespoke bashplate which did its job. My performance on the off road sections was down to me and not the bike's ability. Ian suggested lowering the tyre pressures which worked well and wasn't at all scary as I'd thought it might be.

If I was being hyper critical, and it could just be my lack of skill/control, I found both 1st and 2nd gears a little sensitive on the throttle and a bit jerky without slipping the clutch.

The bike dragged me up the hills, took me through water, through forests, up Blue Hills 2 (but not the restart :blast ) and then home again. I only have one real complaint, that after about 350 miles in the saddle, it starts to get a bit hard. If anyone saw me standing whilst going along the road, I apologise for looking like an idiot but I needed to stand up. I may have to do something before next year's event. The Edinburgh will be fine as it's not too far for me, but Devon and Cornwall is too far. I'll either get the saddle sorted or wear cycling shorts!

Overall, the bike was superb and didn't miss a beat. The Clearwater lights were brilliant and so were the heated grips. When I got home I plugged in the charger and it went straight to green so no charging problems with the accessories used.

I also attempted more on this bike and didn't give up on any sections until I fell off or succeeded, which is more than can be said when I did the trial on the g/s, when I bottled sections because I didn't like the look of them.

I'm now looking forward to a summer of green lanes.

Well, as you ask, I'll bore you with an answer. :)

The bike performed impeccably. The trek down to Cirencester (down the Fosse Way) was trouble free. The bike easily gets to 60mph and then on to 70 when required as long as there's not a strong headwind.

During the trial, I couldn't really fault the bike. Mistacat had made me a bespoke bashplate which did it's job. My performance on the off road sections was down to me and not the bike's ability. Ian suggested lowering the tyre pressures which worked well and wasn't at all scary as I'd thought it might be.

If I was being hyper critical, and it could just be my lack of skill/control, I found both 1st and 2nd gears a little sensitive on the throttle and a bit jerky without slipping the clutch.

The bike dragged me up the hills, took me through water, through forests, up Blue Hills 2 (but not the restart :blast ) and then home again. I only have one real complaint, that after about 350 miles in the saddle, it starts to get a bit hard. If anyone saw me standing whilst going along the road, I apologise for looking like an idiot but I needed to stand up. I may have to do something before next year's event. The Edinburgh will be fine as it's not too far for me, but Devon and Cornwall is too far. I'll either get the saddle sorted or wear cycling shorts!

Overall, the bike was superb and didn't miss a beat. The Clearwater lights were brilliant and so were the heated grips. When I got home I plugged in the charger and it went straight to green so no charging problems with the accessories used.

I also attempted more on this bike and didn't give up on any sections until I fell off or succeeded, which is more than can be said when I did the trial on the g/s, when I bottled sections because I didn't like the look of them.

I'm now looking forward to a summer of green lanes.

Many thanks, that's great

Thanks for the wise words

I've got one too now, well I will have tomorrow.
Bought it from a forum member and it looks like a minter.

Back
Top Bottom