RTLC Splash Guards fitted.....

Yonkyo

Dancing with the Diavel
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Got the splash guards fitted to my bike today.
As you can see, I tested them in the rain and they worked a teat at keeping all the crud of our boots...:thumb

Before

After

They look effective - but they do make the bike look like a Silverwing!

:D

Silverwing?.....no, I thought more like a CBR1000F 'jelly mold'.:D

Function over form though.

OEM accessory available from your friendly local BMW dealer.

Why don't BMW fit them as standard in the factory, rather than making you pay extra?

Or were they free? :)

The R1100RT came with them as standard & a lifting handle too, all included from the factory

How BMW have cut corners :(

Deauville 650 riders also swear by them :augie

When spending close to £20k on a tourer, I would expect it to have optimal weather protection out of the box

Why don't BMW fit them as standard in the factory, rather than making you pay extra?

Or were they free? :)

They are a 'hidden extra', wich are only fitted to fuzz bikes etc.
And cost £100. Though when spending silly money on a full spec RT, these panels should've been standard fit.

They are a 'hidden extra', wich are only fitted to fuzz bikes etc.
And cost £100. Though when spending silly money on a full spec RT, these panels should've been standard fit.

Especially when earlier R1100/1150 RT's came fitted with them as standard

£100 extra :blast

BMW are laughing all the way to the bank ~ making punters pay £100 for 6 little pieces of plastic :)

Cheers. Thought they may make the bike look too 'blocky' but I quite like them maybe something to go on the list.

I'm not a lover of tank pads but like those you have fitted :thumb2 What make are they ?

Great pictures, and many thanks for sharing, it looks like they do a good job of keeping the crud down. I would like to see them in the flesh before I got any, we have a San Marino Blue one arriving in March.

I would think a few people may have them sprayed to match the bike colour, mm will have to see.

They actually look ok on the 'full bike' shots. Might well treat mine to a set.

Can I ask Yonkyo, how do you get on with the Ackroprovic end can? I've got a £500.00 voucher that needs spending so was thinking of having one.

they look good. I can't see them in the BMW Motorrad accessories catalogue on-line. Where can I find them?

They actually look ok on the 'full bike' shots. Might well treat mine to a set.

Can I ask Yonkyo, how do you get on with the Ackroprovic end can? I've got a £500.00 voucher that needs spending so was thinking of having one.

I love the sound of the Akra. just a tad throatier and deeper tone than OEM (with DB killer in)
Sounds even better without the DB killer. but SWIMBO complains its too loud for her...:blast

Its very expensive though, at circa £800. When you can get a Remus (still a very good can) for a lot less dosh.

they look good. I can't see them in the BMW Motorrad accessories catalogue on-line. Where can I find them?

These panels are not advertised by BMW, so you will need to have your dealer order them from the factory.

BTW. the panels are easy to fit, and i can email the illustrated fitting instructions to anyone that wants them

I love the sound of the Akra. just a tad throatier and deeper tone than OEM (with DB killer in)
Sounds even better without the DB killer. but SWIMBO complains its too loud for her...:blast

I also added the Akra and agree with Yonkyo - it sounds much more fun. I too put the baffle back in but I actually prefer the sound with it in. Out it just irritated me on the motorway...

thanks

These panels are not advertised by BMW, so you will need to have your dealer order them from the factory.

BTW. the panels are easy to fit, and i can email the illustrated fitting instructions to anyone that wants them

Back
Top Bottom