The Icy b*stard ride!

Farmer Palmer

Reaction score
Had a wee run out through the Lammermuirs with my mate Forry and we well and truly crossed the snowline...........The Heidenau shod V-Strom didn't fair too well on one occasion but my wee G Sertao' with Tourance EXP's wasn't too bad............When I say it wasn't too bad what I mean to say is that it was utter sh*te but somehow or other it didn't fall over and was light enough to keep shiny side up!

First gear tickover and gentle back brake and NO that's absolutely NO front brake was the order of the day!

Some of the icy downhills were a nightmare and I killed the engine and used first gear to lock the rear wheel and just let the bike slide down the roadside next to the verge on the 20% decents..............Both feet sliding on the ice and both wheels locked made some real *rse clenching moments but we made it back to blacktop eventually and all the better for the experience!

I'm glad I didn't have my heavier 1200GSA even with its TKC80's on this ride!

Good ride though and nice to see Forry back on a bike again!

Attachments

• forry 2.jpg
    forry 2.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,011
  • forry3.jpg
    forry3.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,049
  • snow ride.jpg
    snow ride.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,041
  • snowride.jpg
    snowride.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,052
When I say it was cold it was b*llock freezing but at least there was no wind and adrenalin keeps you warm..................Good views aswell, especially the V-Strom and they're quite tough wee bikes with the right crash bars!

Attachments

• Forry 6.jpg
    Forry 6.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 974
  • forry 4.jpg
    forry 4.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,023
Forry indeed. Has he been off bikes for any reason? Whatever, pass on my regards. Sold my 1150 to his partner/ ex?

Looking at this makes me feel so cold that my scrotum has just shrivelled up….. but nice scenery.:thumb2

Is that the Forry of old GSerdom?

If yes he's gone soft in the past he'd have been in his back wheel in that stuff

Yes, it's the same Forry from way back in the good old days on UKGSer.com...............He's been off riding for a few years due to an injury and now he can ride again but still needs to take things fairly easy!:thumb

Forry has previous :D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9SSV1V9d9LM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks like we could have some more of this over the next few days..........

I'm better prepared this time though!:thumb

Attachments

• IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 545
  • IMG_0029.jpg
    IMG_0029.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 534
+1 on a video, that looks interesting, I don't know the back story but glad you are back biking.

+1 on a video, that looks interesting, I don't know the back story but glad you are back biking.

No back story really........ It's Mrs P's her G650GS was getting a bit heavy(she's only 5' in her stockings) and instead of toiling with a heavy ungainly GS she decided to have it converted into an 'adventure trike'

I'll use hers instead of my Urban GS in case I get it dirty, covered in salt or drop it.......

Attachments

• IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 286
Did you need that top box on? i wouldn’t do off road in snow with hard box fitted. Better a soft bag. Better still, now’t!

Well done for getting out in it though. Good inspiration. Now if you could just stop hogging all the white stuff and send some to Gloucestershire that would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you need that top box on? i wouldn’t do off road in snow with hard box fitted. Better a soft bag. Better still, now’t!

Well done for getting out in it though. Good inspiration. Now if you could just stop hogging all the white stuff and send some to Gloucestershire that would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like a topbox, it's secure, waterproof and will keep a kebab warm for twenty five minutes........ I know it looks sh*te!:D

Back
Top Bottom