Early Hinckley Trophy

AberdeenAngus

Reaction score
Posted for a pal. He's thinking of selling his Trophy but wasn't sure what its worth.
Any assistance gratefully received.

The first of the Hinckley built Triumphs. Serial No. is less than 2000.
Registered in 1992. He's had it since '96. 17k miles.

Future classic ?

I can get more info if anyone interested.
Located Aberdeenshire.

Attachments

• CIMG5035.jpg
    CIMG5035.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 650
  • CIMG5036.jpg
    CIMG5036.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 656
I had one just like that back in 92 - lovely bike if a little top heavy :cool:

No idea what it's worth but early Hinckley Triumph's are a long way off becoming classics.

The ones that may eventually become collectable are the 1200 Daytona's, Super III's etc rather than the plain Jane Trophy's ;)

Look a great example in original condition :thumb

Got a framed poster of one in that colour scheme and , back in the day, tested one just like it. Has it got a "Two Wheels" plate by any chance? Some ide of price would be good. No idea myself but might be interested ...

Edit: just spotted the plate in the pic. Dozy sod! Could be the very one.

As it's one of the first it might be worth a bit, but (sorry!) i doubt it.
I had a '93 900 Trophy. Extremely over engineered :thumb . Runs quite lean which could be a nuisance, stalling at lights and running hot for e.g.
Some had starter motor trouble which is a sod to fix. 'Modular design' means many parts are interchangable with other Triumphs of the time which is handy.
I'd have kept mine but it was (for me) uncomfortable and gave me fierce sciatica. Even with 'bar risers. :(

Value? Seen them since for £1k to £2k. Dont know if this helps. :nenau

I know someone who has one of the very first off the production line. Low mileage and mint. He gave £1600 for it about four years ago

I had an early Trophy 1200 with a chassis number in the 600s. My first big bike, I was ecstatic when I bought it, Happy when I got rid of it but wish I still had it tucked away somewhere.

Attachments

• Trophy.jpg
    Trophy.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 464
Lovely bike. Had a later one around 2002. No pan though. Some may say that’s a good thing. Can’t see it being worth more than said. Future classic? Who knows? Then again cx 500 are classic now. Arnt they. JJH

I had an 'H'-reg Trophy 1200 - so it must have been one of the first.

Awesome grunt (148bhp on the early models??) but, otherwise, fecking awful!

Back
Top Bottom