APPLECROSS......APRIL 26th 2015, CHAS Charity Rendezvous!!

(RIP) mainescots

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Since I have posted about this under Open Invite Trips.....

Shall just hope that All who can come, will come!

Most riders/attendees will head North on Saturday 25th, overnight somewhere in the Lochcarron area and ride the Bealach on Sunday morning.....

Applecross itself seems quite full but there are campsites in Lochcarron and Applecross itself.....

Avoid the bunkhouse at Plockton,rather cramped and not very clean.
Shame because Plockton is a pleasant wee place

You must have very high standards if your talking about the station bunkhouse. Used it many times and although it's no 5 star luxury it's always been clean, cramped I wouldn't argue to much with but as it's just for sleeping it doesn't need to be that spacious.

Ossa Eck...... Will you be able to join us? Regular member of the "Old Guard" hails from Invergowrie.....rides a 1200GSA.

Actually, mine needs an MOT from John Clark.....

Im up that way earlier in April.

Plockton bunk house has put me off bunkhouse type accommodation,stayed twice,its cramped (there was about 16 of us) , wasn't clean, and queuing for a toilet then a shower isn't my idea of fun.

When you count the cost, and then have to find a towel and breakfast,its often cheaper and much nicer in a B+B

Im up that way earlier in April.

Plockton bunk house has put me off bunkhouse type accommodation,stayed twice,its cramped (there was about 16 of us) , wasn't clean, and queuing for a toilet then a shower isn't my idea of fun.

When you count the cost, and then have to find a towel and breakfast,its often cheaper and much nicer in a B+B

Must say that I agree! Going back to "hostel-rules" is not much fun. The B&B's in that area are pretty good but price wise they are comparable to hotels!

Back
Top Bottom