Dead battery in Istanbul

L

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My battery has died (1150). Its an Exide Gel, the BMW dealer is shut and I've been told "try on Monday", but I'm flying out on Monday morning before anything opens. I was planning on using the bike to get to the airport.

So one for the Turks... Is there anywhere on a Sunday I might be able to pick up a replacement battery?

and one for everyone... Is there any way I can breath some more life back into the battery? Its been on an optimate which desulfates it and ends up with the "weak" led lit.

You could always buy a cheap small car battery and plop it in the topbox with a cable made up from a set of pound shop jump leads.
Most garages have loads of half decent used car batteries thrown around.

You could always buy a cheap small car battery and plop it in the topbox with a cable made up from a set of pound shop jump leads.
Most garages have loads of half decent used car batteries thrown around.

Or looking the other way down the scale, any 12v battery that's physically smaller will do in the short term.

Take the physical measurements into any bike shop and get anything that will fit in the hole...it ought to suffice for your needs as long as the bike isn't normally hard to start :)

Who knew.... British airways have no problem with an odyssey dry cell battery in checked luggage! Plan for the weekend... Installation!

Back
Top Bottom