Firefox Refurb.

Sweeney Todd

Reaction score
My 2008 GSA 17,000 miles rear ESA suspension decided to throw oil over my drive this morning.I phoned my independent fixer and he has a Firefox refurb unit available at £440.00 bike collected and fitted, wondered if this was the way to go.

£440 is at least double the going rate for a shock rebuild but good value for a replacement.
Leaving them too long (as I have sadly) before rebuild is false economy as almost certainly more parts will have to be replaced rather than simply cleaned and put back.

My 2008 GSA 17,000 miles rear ESA suspension decided to throw oil over my drive this morning.I phoned my independent fixer and he has a Firefox refurb unit available at £440.00 bike collected and fitted, wondered if this was the way to go.
Got my GSA back today after the Firefox Refurb and everything seems to be great enjoyed the ride home the bike seems to handle well again,and 1100 pounds cheaper than BMW quoted me and said that it was a sealed unit and could not be refurbed!!!

Got my GSA back today after the Firefox Refurb and everything seems to be great enjoyed the ride home the bike seems to handle well again,and 1100 pounds cheaper than BMW quoted me and said that it was a sealed unit and could not be refurbed!!!

When someone tells me that the unit is "sealed" to me that means that they don't have the tools/skills needed to do the job. JJH

Back
Top Bottom