London Bangkok - 62 days - Aug 2016

Hi Bazzer - I'm keeping the link updated so take another link then get in touch and ask as many questions as you like:) This time we're going to go south through China instead of north. North has The Wall but it's days and days of desert to get there then quite a few days to get back near the mountains. This time is south to the mountains then down into Tibet and Lhasa, then east and down into the jungle via the Leaping Tiger Gorge and Shangri-La. Personally I love the mountains and all the monasteries up there.

monkeyboy - this looks a great trip and something I'd love to do!

The China bit and cost to fly back/ship the bike etc push doing the whole trip out of my price range but I like the look of stage 1 (going as far as China).

I don't suppose anyone else has mentioned they are in the same boat and would want to go that far and then ride back, possibly through Turkey?

Sorry if it's a thread hijack, not meant to be, but I figured it might get you a few more takers for the first leg?

Craig

The China bit and cost to fly back/ship the bike etc push doing the whole trip out of my price range but I like the look of stage 1 (going as far as China).

I don't suppose anyone else has mentioned they are in the same boat and would want to go that far and then ride back, possibly through Turkey?

Sorry if it's a thread hijack, not meant to be, but I figured it might get you a few more takers for the first leg?

Craig

Hi Craig.

I've not had any inquiries on that basis but the trip is advertised as being in 3 legs. On the first out to China people are welcome to join in whole or in part based on the daily rate. As you say, people could come along for the ride out to China then ride back whichever route they fancied:)

Craig

Perhaps you should just start your own open invite trip to China and back - then come with me on the first leg if you want:)

Craig

Contact me Craig,as you have to be a subscriber to get messages sent and it's only less than 4 pint's to join..

0 seven nine eight three 724 eight 0 six

Mike.

Anyone had any more thoughts about this Adventure? I'm going to start firming up a few details soon regards intended route options etc....

Hi John. No carnet required for this trip:) Just have to make sure you get the right type of visa for Russia that contains the associated bike details.

Craig

I had exactly the same thoughts, I would really like to join the outward trip but ride back from the end on the first leg. I have just been looking at possible return routes and there is a good selection to choose from.

There are a lots of options if you have the time. We will be going down through the centre of Kasakstan through Aral but you could take a more roundabout root back through the capital into Russia and across, or you could take to the bad lands in eastern Kasak and russia/georgia/turkey back. Some of this year's riders came out that way. If you wanted to hear some of their advice or experiences I'm sure they wouldn't mind sharing:)

I had exactly the same thoughts, I would really like to join the outward trip but ride back from the end on the first leg. I have just been looking at possible return routes and there is a good selection to choose from.

I am booked onto this trip, and would devinitely consider riding back as well.

I am booked onto this trip, and would devinitely consider riding back as well.

I'm very interested in this trip. I need to count the pennies first to see far I can go...

bandit. Are you thinking of riding back from the whole trip or from one of the break points?

I'm very interested in this trip. I need to count the pennies first to see far I can go...

bandit. Are you thinking of riding back from the whole trip or from one of the break points?

If you were riding overland back all the way from Bangkok you'd need to sort a route. Going back through China would defiantely be expensive alone.

There are a couple of riders considering riding to the China border then back from there, either the way they came or back through Turkey.

Haven't given it much thought yet, other option is get a boat over to aus and keep going :)

Back
Top Bottom