London Bangkok - 62 days - Aug 2016

Haven't given it much thought yet, other option is get a boat over to aus and keep going :)

This is sounding like I may have to start selling bodily organs to fund it. Can I interest anyone in a well used and possible pickled liver?

Going to have a chat with HR today and find out how much leave they will allow me to take or if I have to jack it in... This trip if definitely sounding like the trip of a life time

I know plenty of people that should be investing in a spare liver:)

This is lovely trip but just be sure to read the riders notes. I'm paranoid about setting expectations! Large areas of the world, like Kasakhstan and parts of China are just blank. Long dull days of dust! Other places are achingly beautiful. There is interesting stuff everywhere though. You just need to remember where you are when you're pissed off, wet, cold and your bum is threatening to produce enough thrust to put you in orbit. It's all part of the experience:)

I know plenty of people that should be investing in a spare liver:)

This is lovely trip but just be sure to read the riders notes. I'm paranoid about setting expectations! Large areas of the world, like Kasakhstan and parts of China are just blank. Long dull days of dust! Other places are achingly beautiful. There is interesting stuff everywhere though. You just need to remember where you are when you're pissed off, wet, cold and your bum is threatening to produce enough thrust to put you in orbit. It's all part of the experience:)

You do have a way with words Jason that conjures up the most disgusting images ....
I have looked the riders notes and you still haven't managed to put me off.
I had a few blank days crossing the states, 350 miles in a dead straight line with only two little towns and the road to Bonneville was an endless white salty flat nothingness

HR were less than helpful with my request to take the later part of next year off. So looks like I may be looking for a new position when I return.

You do have a way with words Jason that conjures up the most disgusting images ....
I have looked the riders notes and you still haven't managed to put me off.
I had a few blank days crossing the states, 350 miles in a dead straight line with only two little towns and the road to Bonneville was an endless white salty flat nothingness

HR were less than helpful with my request to take the later part of next year off. So looks like I may be looking for a new position when I return.

That's a big commitment mate. I have to take all my holiday at once plus a few weeks unpaid leave to make this trip. You could easily cut a week off the end by squirting straight to Bangkok when we reach Laos if that woud help:)

That's a big commitment mate. I have to take all my holiday at once plus a few weeks unpaid leave to make this trip. You could easily cut a week off the end by squirting straight to Bangkok when we reach Laos if that woud help:)

Not all is lost yet, another meeting is planned with "His Royal Highness" for early next month. It wouldn't be the end of the world, its only a local authority position so the dosh is shat anyway.

I have no intentions of cutting it short at all. It would be a crime to travel all that way and miss out on any of it. In fact if JB, bandit or anyone else is up for it, popping over to Aus and NZ sounds like a excellent idea.

Count me in Jason.

digereedoo loaded n ready.......:tumbleweed
Not all is lost yet, another meeting is planned with "His Royal Highness" for early next month. It wouldn't be the end of the world, its only a local authority position so the dosh is shat anyway.

I have no intentions of cutting it short at all. It would be a crime to travel all that way and miss out on any of it. In fact if JB, bandit or anyone else is up for it, popping over to Aus and NZ sounds like a excellent idea.

Count me in Jason.

Can we go yet ?

Patience young man:).

I'm in India ATM. Off roading in Arunachal Pradesh on Enfields. Back soon though and getting straight on with this China trip.

I can't wait either. We've been up within 40 miles of the China border and the Indian people look very Asian here. Lots and lots of jungle and lots and lots of tea too. Reminds me a lot of southern china. Not that far from Lhasa here either.

We'll all be here together soon. Exciting innit!

The route is set, the beds are being made, the yurts are being cleaned, the sky is being polished, the air is being cooled and super filtered and the scenery is being set to 'spectacular'. It's all coming together....

dont forget to find me a good looking yak.....:boobies
The route is set, the beds are being made, the yurts are being cleaned, the sky is being polished, the air is being cooled and super filtered and the scenery is being set to 'spectacular'. It's all coming together....

dont forget to find me a good looking yak.....:boobies

So you like your bed buddies big black and hairy then John. I'll make a note:) I think I remember a suitable candidate from the last trip. She had lovely long eyelashes and a wiggly womanly walk. I had been away from home for some time at that point... Anyway, just a warning. They do tend to fart in bed I'm told, and that can be like being trapped in the epicentre of a 10.9 earthquake so I'm told. On the up side, all that hot air will keep you snugly and warn in those freezing cold yurts.

Monkeyboy - Can you confirm the date I meet you in Berlin, since you depart on the 8th, I am assuming morning of August 10th. I need to book time away from work fairly soon. As I am joining for only part of the route, when do you want the estimated daily rate dosh?

Is there anyone else riding back from Bangkok, I would like to start planning a southern return route in case I need more visa's etc. but I am flexible if 1 or 2 others want to stick together on the return.

Monkeyboy - Can you confirm the date I meet you in Berlin, since you depart on the 8th, I am assuming morning of August 10th. I need to book time away from work fairly soon. As I am joining for only part of the route, when do you want the estimated daily rate dosh?

Is there anyone else riding back from Bangkok, I would like to start planning a southern return route in case I need more visa's etc. but I am flexible if 1 or 2 others want to stick together on the return.

Morning mate. I've sent you a PM.

Back
Top Bottom