London Bangkok - 62 days - Aug 2016

monkeyboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After riding this route last year, I'm keen to repeat it and to take others along for the ride.

Probable route is Europe->Latvia->Russia->Kazakhstan->Uzbekistan->Kyrgyzstan->26 days in China(either northern route to the wall or southern inc Tibet and Everest base camp)->Laos-Thailand. About 10k miles in 62 days.

I'd like to try and run it as a recce for future trips. There are obviously significant costs on a trip like this but I'm looking to do it as cheaply as possible. Should be a lot of fun.

Bangkok they have ladyboys around that neck of the woods, I'll have to tell my plumber mate
He's a got a bit of a thing about them and midgets :eek:

Bangkok they have ladyboys around that neck of the woods, I'll have to tell my plumber mate
He's a got a bit of a thing about them and midgets :eek:

In Thailand you can have 'whatever you want' and I'm sure finding a lady-midget-boy would be absolutely no problem. I also saw a couple that would have no trouble kick starting a 747 if he's into that too!

Hi Sloth

Can't send you a private message I'm afraid. Can you either message me or go and look at overlander.bike and I'll give you the details.

Thanks

In Thailand you can have 'whatever you want' and I'm sure finding a lady-midget-boy would be absolutely no problem. I also saw a couple that would have no trouble kick starting a 747 if he's into that too!

I'll tell him he'll fill his boots .......fook it I'll go with him

Have a safe trip

Hi,

Whats your plan for the return trip. I could be interested, but need to work out timings for being back in the UK.
Cheap sounds good and I've read your travel reports which appeal....

Ladyboys....mmmmmm, would need a LOT of beer! :boozer

You might be surprised... You might not know till the very last minute:). Take a mobile DNA testing kit:)

Plan to leave 8th August, into China 6th Sep. Finish & fly back mid Oct. You could knock a week off easily by riding alone from china border to bangkok like I did.

Hi,

I'm keen to know more (about thee trip, not ladyboys...) ;)

Hi. I've emailed you a link to the details. I'm just thinking about the route at the moment. Trying to keep the days down around 300 miles max and include a few sight seeing and maintenance days on the way. The route is almost exclusively tarmac (of various qualities!) now but there will certainly be bits of rough road and other 'stuff' along the way. In China anything can happen and you might find yourself riding over all sorts in places. Depending on the group, we could also do a bit of rough roading if anyone wants to. There is plenty of that out east:)

Generally though, 28 days east out to China, 26 days down to Tibet and through the mountains to the south, then 12 days meandering down to Bangkok.

Can you put a link up on here please ?

Can you put a link up on here please ?

This might get taken down as it's a charged trip.. The mods have been kind enough to let me add this thread in the first place. Essentially I am running it as cheap as I can as a practice to future trips. It's still an expensive thing though!

London Bangkok 2016

This might get taken down as it's a charged trip.. The mods have been kind enough to let me add this thread in the first place. Essentially I am running it as cheap as I can as a practice to future trips. It's still an expensive thing though!

London Bangkok 2016

Is this going to be happening annually? 2016 I am booked on an Alaska trip with Bilco but would be interested in future trips after 2016.

Monkeyboy - can you send me any details that aren't in the link above at #12

Its a real dilemma though, I'd love to join this trip but had my eyes on a Trans (not tranny!) America trip too? :rolleyes:

Bazzer

Is this going to be happening annually? 2016 I am booked on an Alaska trip with Bilco but would be interested in future trips after 2016.

Hi Mark

Yep - That's certainly the intention:) To be perfectly honest, the subsequent trips will be a little more expensive as I would need to just make a few quid. Not massively - I'll see how it goes as I'm doing the 2016 as a sort of recce/test. I'm not out to make a shed load. I've done most of the route but I want to change a few things in 2016 and spend a few days in Uzbekistan on the way, maybe go into Cambodia on the way to Bangkok too just to see Angkor Wat.

I might start doing closer loop trips too - maybe a quick squirt out to Moscow and St Pete's. Something I'm thinking about anyway.

Back
Top Bottom