Wiring a Zumo 390lm to canbus on R1200GS TC

JerseyNeil

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Are there any issues with wiring a 390LM to the canbus connection under my headlight as I have done with my 550?

I note that there is a box on the cable for the newer Zumos. Anybody recommend where they secured this on a R1200GS TC? Can I/should I cut off the inline fuse when wiring to the canbus connector?

Any advice or experience welcome.

Cheers

Neil

I left the cable intact. just coil it up and tuck it inside the faring. That way when you come to resell you have the complete item

Hi, Did this work for you OK? I've just got a 345lm, Nippy Normans supplied the plug to Canbus, wires soldered properly but the unit wont switch on - or doesn't appear to work when it's in the power cradle. Does the unit show that it's charging like on a phone, ipad etc? And how long does it take to power down? I thought I'd done everything right but.....

Hi, Did this work for you OK? I've just got a 345lm, Nippy Normans supplied the plug to Canbus, wires soldered properly but the unit wont switch on - or doesn't appear to work when it's in the power cradle. Does the unit show that it's charging like on a phone, ipad etc? And how long does it take to power down? I thought I'd done everything right but.....

Seen some comments on issues with the 390 cradle on advrider, but that related to the mount staying live after ignition was switch off. You soldered 1 to black 3 to red, didn't you?

Hi,
Just read this thread, I have just put my Zumo 390lm, on my 2016 GSA. I bought the cambus plug from NN, soldered the wires, so that its a good contact (only use 2 wires, but plug comes with 3, found a thread on here as to which to use). I then removed the NAV 5 fitting plate and wiring down to main wiring harness, mounted my Zumo with my Touratech locking clamp on the same bar in the same place. Plugged in unit in to wear the BMW unit unplugs from, coiled the cable up and secured behind the panel. Turn the bike on and the Zumo starts as per normal, just have to use finger (as the wheel will not operate the sat nav) to set anything. Turn off the bike and the Zumo runs for about 40 seconds then shuts down, with the bike turned off the Zumo will run on it battery and not via the cradle. Will do till I can get a Nav 5.

Back
Top Bottom