Ride The Longest Day 19/21 June 2015. Parkdean Holiday Park Sandford Dorset

Bigbadbaz

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Folks

I like so many others like to jump on their two or three wheeled motorcycle/scooter and ride off on an adventure. For some this could be a 10mile trip to a local bike night and chew the fat with fellow bikers admiring people's machines. For others it could be a world trip and I am lucky enough to have experienced such a trip to Mongolia and back. I have a passion for adventure motorcycling and at present family commitments curtail that some what but in truth I would not change that for the world. However I still look at photos of my last big trip and I wanted to do something to just wet the appetite again.

I spoke to she who must be obeyed and luckily I was given a pass for a 36 hour adventure. I looked into the Iron Butt Associations rides and I thought the 1500 miles in 36 hours would fit a treat! I soon spoke to a few biker mates and the idea was born of Ride The Longest Day for charity.

Four charities were selected Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance, Hereos Haven, Sandmartins playscheme and Julia's house. Park Dean Holiday Park at Holton Heath kindly offered to host and so the idea came to life.

In brief pay £50 minimum of which £30 goes to charities, £20 towards x2 meals, X1 snack bag and administration. The idea is then plan a route over the allotted time period be it on a vehicle less than 125cc or above. The UK or Europe is your play ground. Ride as individuals or as a group.

I would love to see 200 riders depart the site on the Saturday morning and return safe and well with stories of adventure knowing they have had fun and raised money for good causes. I will be completing the 1500 miles in 36 hours so who's gonna join me?!

If you are interested then please get in touch ride.thelongestday@gmail.comImageUploadedByTapatalk1428072189.325957.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bike is serviced and ready to go except a new speedo drive is required as mine has packed up. I am looking forward to getting some miles under my belt and for such good causes too! So anyone else want to join me!?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom