New Dunlop Trailsmart tyres

Have now done nearly 6000 on the Avons and still another 1000-1500 left I would say. They have been great tyres, quite predictable and almost as good as tr91's in the wet (the Dunlops take some beating here). Maybe a little more choppy on the ride front, but generally no complaints.

Will definitely replace the rest with another, then maybe try a set of trail smarts as a comparison when ready for the next full set

Have now done nearly 6000 on the Avons and still another 1000-1500 left I would say. They have been great tyres, quite predictable and almost as good as tr91's in the wet (the Dunlops take some beating here). Maybe a little more choppy on the ride front, but generally no complaints.

Will definitely replace the rest with another, then maybe try a set of trail smarts as a comparison when ready for the next full set

Tried four sets of them. Brilliant tire wet or dry, good from the off and properties that last the life of the tire. I am currently on a set of pirelli scorpions. Fantastic tire but new so don't know how it will degrade with time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cant say about them but the Heidenau K60 Scouts I recently fitted now have well over 1000 miles. Handling on tarmac is great and absolutely no worries if I have to divert over a grass verge. Mud no problem. Gravel strewn country lanes (which can feel like ice) no problem.
A recent hard ride along the A35 no worries with grip or handling. They will create a steering wiggle at private road speeds but are rated to 118 so don’t take them to the Nurburgring.
I’ve noticed a feeling of front side wall flex when doing a fast change of direction but that would have provoked any tyre.
The front initially feels awful. Truly bad - but it quickly settles down.
If you want road tyre speed and handling the Conti Road or Trail Attacks take some beating. But I’m impressed with the butch Heidenaus.

Cant say about them but the Heidenau K60 Scouts I recently fitted now have well over 1000 miles. Handling on tarmac is great and absolutely no worries if I have to divert over a grass verge. Mud no problem. Gravel strewn country lanes (which can feel like ice) no problem.
A recent hard ride along the A35 no worries with grip or handling. They will create a steering wiggle at private road speeds but are rated to 118 so don’t take them to the Nurburgring.
I’ve noticed a feeling of front side wall flex when doing a fast change of direction but that would have provoked any tyre.
The front initially feels awful. Truly bad - but it quickly settles down.
If you want road tyre speed and handling the Conti Road or Trail Attacks take some beating. But I’m impressed with the butch Heidenaus.

Just got back from Spain and I have the new Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR fitted.......the bike had it's neck rung around what seems like every switchback in Iberia in a daily competition with 3 LC's shod with Metzeler Tourance Next's.......not once did I feel like I was lacking grip (and they look really, really butch on the Hexhead)
I want to go back to a more road oriented tyre to see if it smooths the ride out a bit.

No takers on the new Dunlop Trailsmart Max ?????

There ya go Bendy.......do they look butch enough
6b9b448ee4e70f1130d56fb13bb4371e.jpg

Sent from a U11

Nah a butch bike like that needs proper tractor tyres.

Jokes apart the K60s are really very good on tarmac. I’ve had Trail Attacks (more stable at speed but otherwise no more confidence inspiring) and Conti TKC-70 which gave amazing light handling but the tread blocks wore into a strange undulating pattern.

Nah a butch bike like that needs proper tractor tyres.

Jokes apart the K60s are really very good on tarmac. I’ve had Trail Attacks (more stable at speed but otherwise no more confidence inspiring) and Conti TKC-70 which gave amazing light handling but the tread blocks wore into a strange undulating pattern.
Tractor tyres ya say...... Ok..

5763c8181dfafcd7f89f6e74c9c7cec1.jpg

Sent from a U11

I bought a new pair of Anakees on Tuesday. Done 2200 mikes Pyrenees and Picos. Tyres now need replacing.

Anyone tried anakee wild ?

I bought a new pair of Anakees on Tuesday. Done 2200 mikes Pyrenees and Picos. Tyres now need replacing.

Anyone tried anakee wild ?

Yep had a pair on my 1200GS back tyre did around 6000 miles before replacing the front was still good at 9200. I have had them replaced with Road Tech 1s as they are a tad noisy for me so have a part used set going cheap.

Yep had a pair on my 1200GS back tyre did around 6000 miles before replacing the front was still good at 9200. I have had them replaced with Road Tech 1s as they are a tad noisy for me so have a part used set going cheap.

Thanks

Well we will soon see what the Trailsmart Max tyres perform like , getting a pair fitted next week prior to a two up trip to the Alps

Look forward to reading your feedback on the Trailsmart Max, i’m interested and they are extremely well priced

Had the older TR91 tyres on my old r1200gsa tc and htey were excellent but not very long lasting lets see what the newTrailsmart Max's wear like

Attachments

• 145.jpg
    145.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 403
  • 146.jpg
    146.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 409
  • 156.jpg
    156.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 391
Ordered a set today......hoping to have them Saturday morning.

Sent from a U11

Did about 80 miles today to scrub the tyres in , at first they felt a bit vibey but after 30 or so miles the vibes disappeared.

Initial impressions are that they turn into corners a lot quicker that the anakees 3's and the pilot road 4's on the last GSA WC I owned and are very quiet tyre.

They feel very similar to the Avon Trailriders I had on the last bike before I sold it and are a stable and grippy tyre.

Just need to see how they wear and an upcoming 2000 miles plus 2 up continental trip down to Austria should give a good idea

Done about 300kms on mine today after getting them fitted this morning (€280 fitted in AMI Gorey for any Irish lads looking for good value tyre service)

I agree that they feel very like the Avons. I'm coming from a set of very, very badly scalloped Pirelli Rally STR so anything is gonna feel good. Very quite and feel very firm on the road. I'll be interested to see how they go in the wet........that's the true test of a tyre. They don't feel very soft with the "fingernail test" compared with my recent Pirelli's and the Trailriders.

Done 1500 miles on mine of which unfortunately 750 was high speed two heavily loaded up autobahn running ,
rear tyre is down by maybe 1mm on the centre and the front is unworn so it looks like they will have a vastly extended life over the TR91 and old Trailsmart.
On some alpine bendy bits the bike is turning in faster and is more stable than on the Anakee 3's, shaping up as avery good tyre

Back
Top Bottom