claerwen dam to pontrhydfendigaid

Was at Clearwen last weekend, the signboard by the bridge states no public access beyond (westwards). However, I met a group of 4 pogos who had come that way!

Attachments

• IMG_3444.jpg
    IMG_3444.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 716
  • IMG_3446.jpg
    IMG_3446.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 754
Just looked back to when Denise and I rode that track (Denise's Birthday Bimble) and was horrified to find it was 5 years ago! :blast
Mark

If you insist on doing this sort of thing, join your local TRF and get assistance from the many who know their rights of way and would be willing to assist you if you foul any rules. If a sign says no access, it does not necessarily mean that you cannot go there. We do not enjoy the 'right to roam' that Scotland enjoys, but it is legally very difficult to prosecute for trespass unless the claimant can show damage........that'll ignite debate:D You need a tough neck or a knowledgeable organisation behind you if you are going to ignore signs.

I asked Mr and Mrs Farmer if we could ride across their private road on Friday. They were really nice people: said 'yes' but ride quietly and shut the gates.

I must ride this trail again ... very soon!

9th October? Mav, myself and a couple of others are planning a day somewhere - Wales is an option. More than welcome along. Likely to be big bikes - 690, hp2e, f800, x challenge etc.

9th October? Mav, myself and a couple of others are planning a day somewhere - Wales is an option. More than welcome along. Likely to be big bikes - 690, hp2e, f800, x challenge etc.

That's a definite possibility!

:thumb

So, coming up from darn sarf on Friday 7th Oct - to ride on Saturday 8th Oct are:

• Me
  • darkhorse
  • bandit (now classed as a Riding God)
  • Me
  • Bounce (subject to final planning approval)
  • Anthony (subject to shoulder injury healing sufficiently)

I have a long loop out of Rhayader which includes Claerwen Dam and the Strata Florida.

Should be good!

s-l1600_zpskq3sce1x.jpg

So, coming up from darn sarf on Friday 7th Oct - to ride on Saturday 8th Oct are:

• Me
  • darkhorse
  • bandit (now classed as a Riding God)
  • Me
  • Bounce (subject to final planning approval)
  • Anthony (subject to shoulder injury healing sufficiently)

I have a long loop out of Rhayader which includes Claerwen Dam and the Strata Florida.

Should be good!

Right, all the transport logistics and top hotel reservations are made.

I shall be in the Polaris with my lady; the others on their bikes.

Bounce has his permit; Anthony is still uncertain.

Have a good one. Hope the water isn't too deep on Strata. We're going to have a day on the plains on the Sunday. :thumb2

It may be of only 'curiosity value' but the Elan Valley is where Birmingham has sourced its' water supply for about a century or more and in the Valley, there was a Birmingham City Police Cadet Camp each summer.....there have been literally hundreds of spotty teenagers forced to roam those hills and tracks in all weathers - and without their Mums (!), to whom the very mention of the words 'Claerwen Dam' will still strike terror into their hearts. Now well into their 40s', 50's and even older, many of those kids went on to become Traffic Officers (Norton 750 Commandos in the mid-1970s) and I dare say a fair few of them are now dedicated GSers!

A small group of trail riders (including an official off-road Riding God) will be taking in these trails in a 123 mile loop on Saturday 8th Oct.

If anybody wishes to join us, we'll be riding out of the Lion Royal, Rhayader after breakfast.

A small group of trail riders (including an official off-road Riding God) will be taking in these trails in a 123 mile loop on Saturday 8th Oct.

If anybody wishes to join us, we'll be riding out of the Lion Royal, Rhayader after breakfast.

How exciting......ashamed to say this'll be my first time riding the welsh trails.

Should be some good photo opps on this route, and it'll certainly give me the chance to see how le KTM is after it's engine re-build :mmmm

We were over that way last weekend on trail bikes, wild camp in the pissing rain was softened by our previous beer and firewood stash :D

How exciting......ashamed to say this'll be my first time riding the welsh trails.

Should be some good photo opps on this route, and it'll certainly give me the chance to see how le KTM is after it's engine re-build :mmmm

Hopefully it'll behave as you don't want to have to push it halfway out of strata florida!

Hopefully it'll behave as you don't want to have to push it halfway out of strata florida!

I hope it does too; engine will be 'as new' and it's having a test ride before I go; if all else fails, Greg can tow me round the route ;)

Back
Top Bottom