ZZR1200?

Bryn

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Been looking at a 2002 ZZR1200 at a dealer....FSH, 16,000 miles and two owners.....
It's tempting as it looks in really good nick with a full set of luggage, and a Tom Tom fitted ..
Anyone here have any experience of the ZZR12?

Thanks awfully :thumb

Been looking at a 2002 ZZR1200 at a dealer....FSH, 16,000 miles and two owners.....
It's tempting as it looks in really good nick with a full set of luggage, and a Tom Tom fitted ..
Anyone here have any experience of the ZZR12?

Thanks awfully :thumb

Nearly as good as a K75 I believe!:hide

No experience, but know that they were an overlooked hyperbike, when the Hayabusa and Blackbird stole the limelight.

If it was cheap enough - why not? but my money would go on a Blackbird, which is timeless quality.

Al

Nearly as good as a K75 I believe!:hide

I can see what you did there :D

No experience, but know that they were an overlooked hyperbike, when the Hayabusa and Blackbird stole the limelight.

If it was cheap enough - why not? but my money would go on a Blackbird, which is timeless quality.

Al

I know what you mean about the Blackbird.... the ZZR is 3800 from a dealer so not particularly cheap..... Looking at FJR 1300's as well .... decisions decisions :rolleyes:

I can see what you did there :D

I know what you mean about the Blackbird.... the ZZR is 3800 from a dealer so not particularly cheap..... Looking at FJR 1300's as well .... decisions decisions :rolleyes:

Blackbird every time! Only the rear quarter dates it (slightly). But in time, I reckon it will hold it's price or even rise.

If Honda were to produce one now, they'd maybe bung in a V4, but they could leave that fairing unchanged - it is that much current AND classic.

Al

I traded in a 2002 ZZR1200 two years ago for my current GS. It was a brilliant bike, super smooth, pulled like Casey Jones. Had the full luggage and done plenty two-up. Comfy too. Would have another ....no problem

BMW only gave me £1800 for it but I had green eyes at the time so took the money. It had around 22K miles on it.

I keep being drawn towards ZZRs.

I think they look like a really good balance of power, comfort etc, especially if you enjoy covering big distances quickly.

Let us know!

Paul g

I keep being drawn towards ZZRs.

I think they look like a really good balance of power, comfort etc, especially if you enjoy covering big distances quickly.

Let us know!

Paul g

My advice would be to wait until Bryn buys one, he'll add a few nice extras to it, then it will be up for sale within a couple of weeks and you'll know your getting a good un!:thumb

:D

Back
Top Bottom