Traffic info and SmartLink

Hamslay

Reaction score
Hey chaps

I'm hoping someone can clarify SmartLink traffic data.

I've just installed SmartLink and it seems pretty cool. When I click on the Live Traffic button, I get info on local congestion. Great. So it's free? So home come when I go to My Account I'm offered 3D Live Traffic (Europe) for £15.

So what is the live traffic I'm already seeing without a subscription? :nenau

Just had this by email from Garmin support in the UK:

"After further investigation, I can confirm the Traffic feature is now a free feature on Smartphone Link, which is why you are receiving the information on your device."

Thanks for the clarification as well Hamslay. On my recent run back from Europe, the Nav V, connected to the Smartlink, kept me updated on the delays further up ahead on my route. Yeah, even I never purchased it ... but as long it was keeping me informed, I was happy :D Neat stuff though. Did subscribe for a 1 day weather update as well. Even that is cool as you can try and drive around where it is raining. That is only available as a "day-pass" kinda thingy ... good stuff though.

My Smartlink connection keeps dropping on an iPhone 6 and Sena. Any solutions to make it more robust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my last jaunt around Europe i suddenly became aware of traffic information that i hadn't paid for . It was accurate too. For example it would warn me of a broken down vehicle on the hard shoulder 10KM ahead, and there it was !!!

its worse on iPhone 7 iOS 11 no connection what so ever and garmin don't give a shite

The app has now an update I updated by alas no cigar interested if anyone can get it to work

Back
Top Bottom