New Super Tenere for 2016 ?

Banzai600

Reaction score
Just wondering, did anyone hear anything re a new model ?

Kinda due now dont ya think ? I know the latest one got a few small tweeks etc, however........

Nout wrong with my own at the moment but would of thought we'd of heard something by now.

:confused:

If it ain't broke.

Not sure they will do much more with it, it is pretty good as-is and sits nicely in its own niche as all other bikes in the class chase superbike power and handling, and if they want to compete with that they will have to build a totally different animal.

Even the GS1200 only had a major update in 2013, from 2004 - 2012 they did fairly minor changes every 4 years, I would expect something different to come along and the S10 to stay in the range as per the FJR until they no longer sell any - but just my best guess.

so what would we all want on a new model, can only think of niff naff like self cancelling indicators and a few nice LEDs on the front lights?

If it ain't broke.

Not sure they will do much more with it, it is pretty good as-is and sits nicely in its own niche as all other bikes in the class chase superbike power and handling, and if they want to compete with that they will have to build a totally different animal.

Even the GS1200 only had a major update in 2013, from 2004 - 2012 they did fairly minor changes every 4 years, I would expect something different to come along and the S10 to stay in the range as per the FJR until they no longer sell any - but just my best guess.

New Africa Twin is coming, might shake things up a bit :thumb2

NXR750 pedigree, but fair enough that was earlier. Still hoping for something special from Honda ;)

Some interesting comments above. I suppose with the recent tweek of the existing model, that means it could be another while yet. Plus also thinking, with Yamaha on a mission with the new MT bikes etc and R1, the Tenere may have to wait.

I think Im more interested to see what they'd produce and how to make an already great bike better.

New Africa Twin is coming, might shake things up a bit :thumb2

I cant see it being anything interesting. Not knocking it, but it will be a tweaked version of the current NC750 ( which is a good little bike ). Honda fell flat on their face when they launched the VFR1200. They hyped it up too much,. And its a monster on juice if you give it a bit, very thirsty. Plus, for the luxurious tourer it was supposed to be, those crappy levers and rearsets turned me off at the time. But the engine is a peach. The crosstouer version is a good bike, but we expected more. Honda's design dept is a mess and with those two bikes they were late for the party, by about 3 yrs. Same with the "adventure" market. I cant see them catching up. This new Africa Twin will be riding on its history and name to hype it up in my opinion. I hope Im proved wrong, but it'll prob look cack with this triangular design they like of late.

If you ask me the mock up they showed is a rip off of the Super Tenere.

?? MT 900 triple?? XT 1200 triple ??
Or might that be a step in the wrong direction all opinions welcome.

do you think so? Honda haven't shaken anything up since the RC30 redefined the road going sports bike.

Utter rubbish - It was only 22 years ago they launched the original Fireblade and shook up the affordable superbike class.

Since then they have also come up with all sorts of innovation nobody wants, and created entire new classes of motorcycles than nobody has bought.

?? MT 900 triple?? XT 1200 triple ??
Or might that be a step in the wrong direction all opinions welcome.

I think the success of the new triples might make them think of this, the issue will be that the new 'big' triple would need to fit into a selection of bikes (adv, tourer etc) to justify the investment.

I think there is some fair comment that the parallel twin lacks some character compare maybe to a GS or a Trumpet, personally I have never bothered with fruity engine noise or fancy exhausts but some do. I think a triple would be a sensible development as long as they didn't go mad with power and sacrifice MPG etc

perhaps someone can design a four cylinder bike with switchable configuration such that we can select twin, triple or four from a button on the bars!!

Enlarge the Tracer to make it two-up friendly (longer seats, higher frame, more leg room etc) and whack a shaft drive on and you would have a great bike, I think many people would probably want something half way between the Huge S10 and the relatively tiny Tracer - maybe follow Triumphs lead and have an XC model with some off-road concessions and do a road version with 17" wheels.

I believe the current version already has the low gear restrictions removed or alleviated. The only other things I'd want is integrated heated grips as a factory option, a decent alloy sump guard as standard, a longer front mudguard, better rear mud and spray management, lower first gear and a diet plan. Some of the bracing plates on the frame are ¼" plate steel:eek:

They really are brilliant bikes. I dropped off the motorway the other day, off ramp terminating at a sweeping left hander, peg down most of the way around and then straight into a roundabout, flick flack flick and its boots hard down both sides as we go. Fantastic handling for abike this size, complete with Mr Verns panniers on temporary brackets.

With all the big bike shows coming up, I have heard nout ! Surprising really. Maybe it will just be a colour scheme upgrade as they introduced elec suspension with some tweeks this yr....

I hear that there could be a smaller Tenere, using the same glorious little engine form the MT07 - its a peach, try one ! Such a laugh...great bike. All the current zt660's are now unavailable.

Maybe Yamaha will give us a more bigger xt660 version but keep the 1200 that we currently have & introduce a 700 para twin to replace the current 660...?

:confused:

My 2013 S10 is perfect the way it is IMHO.

Yes it is farkled to death but I don't think there's anything else I'd actually want now.

The thought of a few more bhp in a triple does sound interesting though.

So no news for 2016 re a new Tenere....

Im half thinking of one of those new Africa Twins but not sure.......dct has me intrigued and I have sat on one. No shaft kinda does me nut, but hey ho.

Love my s10 but maybe Im just changing for the sake of it :nenau

Anyone hear any rumours or the like re a new model for 2017 ? Its gotte be due an update, nothing major since 2010...

What would make it even beter?

Easier screen adjustment ( twisty knob would be good)
Better luggage
Er.....that's all I can think of :cool:

Perhaps lots of farkles as standard......but that will never happen :D

Easier screen adjustment ( twisty knob would be good) - agreed, one like the FJR would be good but I don't tend to move my screen about.

Better luggage - it's already out there, just don't buy Yamaha luggage :)

Back
Top Bottom