Point Two Air Jacket Tossers Special Offer

I bought the hiviz vest, I wear it on most rides and I don't really notice its there. Shoulder checks initial feel slightly restrictive as the under part of the helmets chin section rubs on the shoulder of my air vest, but you soon adapt. No negatives so far, but I haven't yet tried getting off the bike with it still attached!!

Just done 2500 miles around France with mine on and really didn't notice I was wearing it at all. It's something else to put on when you're getting kitted up but after that it's not an issue.

I went for black as I've got a really nice Dainese leather jacket in black and thought the hi-viz would look a bit dodgy. Plus my police mates wouldn't be seen dead wearing hi viz outside work 😋

All said and done I think they're really good kit and just wish I'd been wearing one when I came off in February.

No issue with mine - got back from a 2,498 mile 8 day tour to the Dolomites last Saturday and used it every day. Once on you do not notice it - so much so that I often forgot I had it on when dismounting but never set off the inflation mechanism.
In very hoy weather - got up to 38 degrees - you can open the front of your main jacket and just rely on the 3 buckles of the air jacket to stop things flapping about.
Went for the high viz version and had to fit a matt anti glare screen protector to the Nav V which cured the glare problem I was having from the high viz.

Overall very happy and hope I do not have to test it out properly ;)

In very hoy weather - got up to 38 degrees - you can open the front of your main jacket and just rely on the 3 buckles of the air jacket to stop things flapping about.
+1, I was just about to post the same comment. It's an unexpected bonus cos its deliciously cooling with the twat suit unfastened yet feel very safe with the three clips holding all together.

We discovered that in Monaco when it was stinking hot. Works a treat to keep the old airflow going!

Very pleased

Having ordered and received my black Two Point Air vest, l have to report l am very happy with the quality and comfort of it. The only problem l have had is getting use to disconnecting it for the first few days. It is now second nature now.

Gary has confirmed that the offer will stand for gser members for a while yet

Regards

Graham

Thats good because I'm thinking of ordering a 2nd one. The only tricky bit is attaching the lanyard strap to the bike in such a way that its the correct length, not too short so as to trigger a false activation and not too long that it is triggered too late in an off.

UPDATE:

I saw Gary this morning for brunch and he's said the price is going to have to go up at some point in the not too distant future.

The NEC Motorcycle live show price for Nov/Dec is likely to be around £320 so it shows you what a cracking deal we are getting at £250.

Grab them while they're there!

Looking at ordering a second air vest before the price goes up :thumb2

Where is everyone fastening their lanyard straps? Ive got mine fixed to the frame under the seat, which seems to be the only place possible?

Im thinking of getting one of these,I like the idea behind it.Whats everyones verdict when sat on the bike,the tail seems very long,do you feel it at all?Has anyone had one go "off" whilst wearing a helmet?If so did the helmet,chin strap feel like it was restricted in anyway?

Do you ride with your normal armour still in the jacket?

I see in the picture it seems to be ok with the helmet,but is it the same when laid on the tarmac.

All these questions eh??
Thanks
Andy

Err yes - just having a cuppa and contemplating what a good idea buying one was as it was the first ride wearing it! Came off when the front tucked in on an off camber wet road, with new tyres and a smattering of diesel. Luckily nothing serious (about 20 mph), the bike is not too badly damaged and I've walked away with some bruising but that's it.

However I can confirm the following:

1. I don't remember the vest inflating - it just was even before I hit the ground.
2. It was fairly tight once inflated but not ridiculously so and I took it off fairly quickly as soon as I realised that everything still worked.
3. I was using it without the inbuilt back protector as was using one in my jacket.
4. It didn't noticably restrict getting my helmet off but to be honest, I took it off fairly quickly.

I don't fancy trying that again but will put that down to one of my better buys.

:beerjug:

Err yes - just having a cuppa and contemplating what a good idea buying one was as it was the first ride wearing it! Came off when the front tucked in on an off camber wet road, with new tyres and a smattering of diesel. Luckily nothing serious (about 20 mph), the bike is not too badly damaged and I've walked away with some bruising but that's it.

However I can confirm the following:

1. I don't remember the vest inflating - it just was even before I hit the ground.
2. It was fairly tight once inflated but not ridiculously so and I took it off fairly quickly as soon as I realised that everything still worked.
3. I was using it without the inbuilt back protector as was using one in my jacket.
4. It didn't noticably restrict getting my helmet off but to be honest, I took it off fairly quickly.

I don't fancy trying that again but will put that down to one of my better buys.

:beerjug:

Pleased your ok, and good to hear it worked properly. Can I ask where did you tether the lanyard on your bike please?

Im thinking of getting a second one in black.

I did email to ask if there were any more available in XL but got no reply...

Pleased your ok, and good to hear it worked properly. Can I ask where did you tether the lanyard on your bike please?

Im thinking of getting a second one in black.

Ta. Attached is a photo showing the attachment point that I used. For reference I've got a 1150gsa with the bench seat if that makes any difference.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 289
Gary was busy at Motorcycle Live so drop him another email and have another go....

When Green Boy emailed me to confirm safe receipt of the jacket, I emailed him back saying words to the effect that it was one of those rare occasions where I hoped the jacket never had to work as it was intended! I couldn't quite believe it when he emailed me later to tell me what had happened. Very relieved that the jacket did it's job and save for a few bruises he's unhurt.

Back
Top Bottom