Chaves

Hongkongphooey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all, anyone from here doing the Chaves rally this year? I've just booked to shoot over for the weekend. :beer:

Oh, it's the last weekend in July if you were wondering, next weekend after the bigger Faro one.

I passed through Chaves in 2013 when the rally was on. The N103 to the west of the town is a cracking ride :thumby:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436596526.287529.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436596555.199371.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436596587.272425.jpg

I thought that might be posh way of saying Chavs !

Enjoy the ride

Rode the N103 East out of the town to Breganca in June, even better than the western section!

We were also headed to Breganca for the night, but it's the western section that sticks in my mind :nenau

We'd crossed the border over moorland south of Santiago and I just remember the lovely sweeping bends past the reservoirs :cool: The RT was really good in the twisties fully loaded - my GS LC doesn't feel as planted due to its higher CofG

Cheers for the recommendation gents, I'm going down on a sports bike (BMW still :) ) so I think I'll take a look at the N103!

Great rally, did it in 2011, rode up the west coast the week after Faro, had a ball, very welcoming and much more personal than Faro

https://www.facebook.com/charles.coughlan/media_set?set=a.2111827589978.117738.1074276521&type=3

Took the tractor along with me
287344_2111848990513_2014696_o.jpg

Yes, they're very different rallies, I can never get the time to do both any more (kids), so I either fly to Faro or ride to Chaves, normally Chaves to be honest, lovely roads from Santander, great people and like you say, much more "intimate" Always the same faces, great bunch. Bikes all loaded now, a 20ltr tail pack for 10days haha.

Ps the bike you took looks cool, might get something like that one day!

Blimey, I was there in 2011 about the weekend of the faro do - didn't even know they had a bike rally :jager

I'd lobe to go next weekend but I'm stuck in the Pyrenees waiting to sign on the dotted for a garage/workshop purchase - life's a bitch . . .

Regs

Simon

N103 is a peach.

Took it all the way from Braga, Briganca through Chaves and over the border to Pueblo du Sanabria with Scotboxer this summer.

Cracking place to stay, I have to say you have good taste. The swimming pool was especially welcoming after a day in 35C heat....and it stays open into September which a low don't as they close them after the kids go back to school at the end of August. Wasn't that keen on the dodgy cobbled car park but you can't have everything!

Shit! Seeing that picture is making me go all dewey eyed. Where did the time go, Arsey??

Gonna drown my sorrows with SHane on Saturday over a Sapporo!!!

Back
Top Bottom