"The UKs No.1 Bike Insurer" Wont Insure Sidecars

Bill Sikes

Reaction score
Turns out Big Ed has a grudge against Combos!

The dreaded letter on the doorstep arrived today, Insurance renewal time! Rang my insurer (MCE) to sort out renewal of my policy for my 1100gs and MZ Combo. Insured with them no problem last year.

This year i was told they would not continue to insure the MZ because it has a sidecar! Despite no changes in situation or claims! After a few choice words and a return phone call to customer services i had a manager confirm that MCE's underwriters have taken a policy of not selling or renewing any policys for Sidecar Combinations, to anybody, anywhere!

What a disgrace. So it turns out "The UKs No.1 Bike Insurer", dosent like a very old biking tradition of the Motorcycle/Sidecar Combination.

Absolute disgrace.

Tell ya what I'd do.....I'd go and insure my sidecar with ANOTHER insurer.....that'll learn'em :)

Absolute disgrace.

Tell ya what I'd do.....I'd go and insure my sidecar with ANOTHER insurer.....that'll learn'em :)

Easier said than done, wise guy, especially for a younger rider. Luckily sorted something else, but this comes with greater expense.

If you look on one of the sidecar forums (of which there are many) I bet you'd find dozens or reconsiderations for good inexpensive companies :)

Back
Top Bottom