Stelvio aftermarket exhaust

wrinkleyowlie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have no experience at all of after market exhausts, but seeing as the Stelvio is here to stay and the only thing I don't like about it is the standard exhaust, (sounds great, looks naff ) I thought I'd have a change before taking it top Hilltop for a remap.

So, it would appear after some research, exhausts that are available are....Quill...MIVV...GPR.

Anyone any experience with the above, or indeed any other that may be available.

Steve

I have no experience at all of after market exhausts, but seeing as the Stelvio is here to stay and the only thing I don't like about it is the standard exhaust, (sounds great, looks naff ) I thought I'd have a change before taking it top Hilltop for a remap.

So, it would appear after some research, exhausts that are available are....Quill...MIVV...GPR.

Anyone any experience with the above, or indeed any other that may be available.

Steve

Have GPR on GS12 and Terra 650.
Very pleased with them:thumb2

I had a Quill fitted to my original '09 Stelvio. The factory is only a few miles away from me. They put the bike on the rolling road dynameter afterwards to check fuelling. Sounded great, but popped and farted a bit too much on the overun at times, I can't say I noticed any big difference in performance. I sold the exhaust when I traded bike in for the later model and didn't bother with replacing the standard pipe on the new bike. I think they sound rather good standard.

I have the Moto Guzzi Agostini exhaust with the baffle out - sounds great:D

I had a GPR on my 1200 sport, which I kept when I got the Stelvio. I got in touch with the GPR importers and bought a new link pipe to fit this silencer to the Stelvio, but it didn't fit very well, the spring lugs were in the wrong place, possibly the design of the main can had changed in the meantime? Also I didn't actually like the exhaust note that much (and way too loud for my tastes with db killer out) so went back to standard also. The carbon fibre tip is looking a bit aged when I last had a look at it in my garage! The main reason I'd fit one is actually losing some weight, the standard exhaust note is very nice (for a modern - doesn't compare to my old Laverda, Triumphs or T3 California!)..

Went with a Quill in the end, looks good, sounds very mellifluous, and the bike seems to run nicer, although this may be all in the mind.

Steve

I have just fitted a Mivv to my GS. Looks nicely made and probably no louder than OE on a Twin Cam with the baffle in. Lots on ebay from Italy at sensible prices, don't seem to be many suppliers over here though.

Could be back on a Guzzi soon....1200 sport

Well, since chopping in the Stelvio for the Explorer last year I've really missed that big lumbering beast. I've had a couple of trips away on the Explorer and must say, it's a fantastic bike. I swapped the springs for Hyperpro items put some bar risers on and hey presto it turned into a fabulous bike.

But, from day one I missed the Stelvio, it didn't do everything I wanted and always felt it a bit lacking on power when fully loaded, but I really liked it and if I never went camping again I would have kept it.

So after a couple of months I started to look for something (within my limited budget) to run alongside the Explorer. I was initially looking for a very nice 1100gs, but nothing that was coming up for sale was floating my boat. Then in April I came across a Multistrada 1000ds, some very nice mods i.e. suspension and exhaust and in beautiful condition.

I bought it from a series of photo's and was not disappointed when it was delivered. I thought it would feed my need for a big twin.

Sadly 500mls later and I know it's not the bike for me. It goes great, handles great, but it's all to frantic for my ageing riding style.

Anyhow, I've seen a very nice 08 Guzzi 1200 sport (2 valve) and have almost agreed a deal over the phone. I'm not going to buy without riding this time.

I'm of to have a look on Tuesday so if all goes well I'll be back on a big Guzzi by next week.

Steve

MIVV Speed Edge , have had a couple on different bikes and they are nice bit of kit

MIVV post You Tube Videos for all of their cans showing the bikes on Dyno Runs

Back
Top Bottom