Who has the highest GS LC mileage?

Update...

60K miles service. Required front disks and pads, rear disks and pads, new rear tyre, replacement to the drive gaitor and a new rear brake reservoir, I must have booted the original with my clumsy hooves at some point.
I was loaned a bike while the parts arrived, an R1200RT. Nice to have a way to get to work but I didn't really like the handling, really glad to get back on mine!

At last my little bike has had a failure which stopped me.
Went to take it to the 72000 service and it would not start, bump started it and at the garage it turns out the generator has packed up. New one on order.

Still happy enough that it lasted that long, so 'fair enough' as far as I am concerned.

October 2015 now covered 10,500 no issues so far touch wood

Terry

At last my little bike has had a failure which stopped me.
Went to take it to the 72000 service and it would not start, bump started it and at the garage it turns out the generator has packed up. New one on order.

Still happy enough that it lasted that long, so 'fair enough' as far as I am concerned.

Woah! that is some serious miles! great going. :thumb2

Not near that mileage. My adventure from 2014 is just over 20.000 kilometers. But I do not drive during the winter and my constant participating in missions outside Europe tend to put some restrains on my driving possibilities.

61k kms on a 2013, so a mere 38k miles. Runs beautifully.

I will be returning to England later this year and am a bit anxious about how well it will cope with rain, salt etc.

16k on mine :D need to do more trips haha joys of a 60+ hour week at work >.<

Might be going in on it soon so thats 20K a year,

Has anyone had any major issues once they get higher millage,

all still on bmw extended warranties?

If not how have the parts cost been and whats gone wrong at bigger millage :)

Generator is about £600 but as has been mentioned it is engine out and in pieces! Telelever bearings also needed doing.

Hoping to pick it up this week if I can.
Still, if it does another 70k miles without something major needing doing then I am quite happy with that.
Pretty sure the BMW warrantee has an upper limit of 60k miles for renewals.

48000 on my 14 plate.... runs like a dream...regular service...doesn't get cotton wool treatment.....ridden hard..washed little....:nenau:nenau

What did your 60k service bill come to?
Update...

60K miles service. Required front disks and pads, rear disks and pads, new rear tyre, replacement to the drive gaitor and a new rear brake reservoir, I must have booted the original with my clumsy hooves at some point.
I was loaned a bike while the parts arrived, an R1200RT. Nice to have a way to get to work but I didn't really like the handling, really glad to get back on mine!

29000 km

Bought it last spring and it is a great bike!

Attachments

• 13501597_10209233430650558_1215803687404922861_n.jpg
    13501597_10209233430650558_1215803687404922861_n.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,173

Back
Top Bottom