Who has the highest GS LC mileage?

Only thing that broke and stopped me going anywhere was the generator, it took about a week of engine light showing and then died on the morning I went to take it to the dealership!
Things that have been replaced as they have worn out would be tyres, brake pads, brake discs, driveshaft, clutch and rear suspension. Oh and a number of exhaist pipes until I got titanium front to back.
Ridden all year long and it's now been to every country in Europe, once it hits 100k I am going to retire it.

41000 still looks newish rode all year round must be lucky .....:eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0949.jpg
    IMG_0949.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 1,091
100k this evening. Will be retiring that bike for now and on to the new one.
Thinking about shipping 'old' one to the US to do all the mainland states, will see how that works out...

Thinking about shipping 'old' one to the US to do all the mainland states, will see how that works out...

Brilliant! and "Respect"

In one evening? Fair play to you. :bow:D

:D
Might have done a few miles before that, only a few mind!

and here is the man himself on the bike in question doing a few of those miles down the WAW this summer! :bow:thumb2

Attachments

• L1080149.jpg
    L1080149.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 776
query

Hi, Gnits, could i ask if your bike has had the valve clearances adjusted in all this mileage. Also does it burn any oil..
Just trying to find out how long the motors last, no rebores on these engines :D cheers Ray

Hi, Gnits, could i ask if your bike has had the valve clearances adjusted in all this mileage. Also does it burn any oil..
Just trying to find out how long the motors last, no rebores on these engines :D cheers Ray

My 14 reg LC needed three shims changed at 12k miles. Not sure if more were needing to be changed at 24k because I sold it before it reached that. They had too large a gap

My 14 reg LC needed three shims changed at 12k miles. Not sure if more were needing to be changed at 24k because I sold it before it reached that. They had too large a gap
Cheers Steve, checked mine at 40k all ok, Just wondered if this was normal or not...

Thanks for the pic Toddy!
Not sure about shims, I certainly don't recall anything being mentioned, it has had the regular servicing done and a few odds and sods replaced - exhausts and drive shafts being the main items.

Oh and oil seems fine, I have topped it up with a dribble here and there but it would have made it to the next service with no bother I expect.

Got a drive shaft plus a disc or two.. if mine gets to 100k i will be more than happy.
Thank, s for the info Gnits :)

Now it is kind of semi retired I don't do many miles on it. 107953 at moment so just sorting out next service for it.

Only got 16K miles on my 2016 gsa. Left switchgear now sticky and there's refusal to change in under warranty unless it packs in altogether. Other than that, a recall for the headstock bushing, two sets of rear pads and one broken rear spoke. Always dealer serviced. Looks and rides like brand new. Hoping it stays that way, as the mileage is unlikely to exceed 5K/yr. Most reliable bike I owned was a triumph trident 750...the first of the new breed from the (that one was an early 1990s model). Nothing went wrong with that bike from new, through a fair few years of long commutes. Nothing, not a single issue. I was racking up 15 to 18K miles annually. Shame the same can't be said for some of the newer models.

Only got 16K miles on my 2016 gsa. Left switchgear now sticky and there's refusal to change in under warranty unless it packs in altogether. Other than that, a recall for the headstock bushing, two sets of rear pads and one broken rear spoke. Always dealer serviced. Looks and rides like brand new. Hoping it stays that way, as the mileage is unlikely to exceed 5K/yr. Most reliable bike I owned was a triumph trident 750...the first of the new breed from the (that one was an early 1990s model). Nothing went wrong with that bike from new, through a fair few years of long commutes. Nothing, not a single issue. I was racking up 15 to 18K miles annually. Shame the same can't be said for some of the newer models.

Well i picked my 1250 GSA up in feb and are currently on just under 10500 miles, its been a bloody hoot i tell you, quite happily do 20k a year on her when she makes me smile like she does... Absolute no problems apart from the rear pads been made of swiss cheese!! :thumby::thumby::thumby::thumby::bow

Well i picked my 1250 GSA up in feb and are currently on just under 10500 miles, its been a bloody hoot i tell you, quite happily do 20k a year on her when she makes me smile like she does... Absolute no problems apart from the rear pads been made of swiss cheese!! :thumby::thumby::thumby::thumby::bow

Just slow down..........:beerjug:

29K [miles] on my late March 2017 GS. It's been in the dealership, courtesy of extended warranty's recovery, since delivery there on Monday 24th June after a nasty knocking noise set in on a ride in Oxfordshire on Saturday 22nd June. I waited 2.5 hours at the roadside before the truck turned up. I can't complain about that [I can, but have resisted so far], but the fact it's been in the supplying dealer for 10 working days means I'm getting very, very pissed off.

Back
Top Bottom