Private number plate retention..

Steptoe

What a waste.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Blimey what a difference..... just put a private number plate on retention. All done online and new number (the original reg number) issued within one minute.
That would have taken at least three weeks in the "good old days".

And no charge for changing the insurance details.. A win double.. :thumb2

Am I right in thinking it is still £80 to put it on retention?

What happens regarding the log book? If you're selling the car/bike I guess you need to wait for that to arrive before selling?

Am I right in thinking it is still £80 to put it on retention?

What happens regarding the log book? If you're selling the car/bike I guess you need to wait for that to arrive before selling?

Yes still £80, but that's for ten years retention... New log book is on the way promised within 3-4 days.

You can also use a number that's on retention in the same way, transfer it onto a new vehicle online in a matter of minutes.

Yup...just a word of caution...new plate authorisation only lasts 72 hours.....

Does that mean you're allowed 72 hours driving/riding with the "old" plate still attached to the vehicle ?

Blimey what a difference..... just put a private number plate on retention. All done online and new number (the original reg number) issued within one minute.
That would have taken at least three weeks in the "good old days".

And no charge for changing the insurance details.. A win double.. :thumb2
That's not the attitude. What's happened to broken Britain, rip-off Britian etc?

.... You can also use a number that's on retention in the same way, transfer it onto a new vehicle online in a matter of minutes.
:blast Just done this the old way and filled the form in and sent the logbook back. All done now but I'll know for next time.

So as you can now do it online, do you just destroy the old log book once the new one arrives?

Personal plate

I put my personal plate on retention online last Friday afternoon , new V5 arrived Saturday morning and certificate of registration arrived Monday morning! Very impressed.

:blast Just done this the old way and filled the form in and sent the logbook back. All done now but I'll know for next time.

So as you can now do it online, do you just destroy the old log book once the new one arrives?

Me too......Bollox

and the £80 retention lasts for 10 years after which you can do it for another 10 ...

Did mine last year. Are they making the £80 / 10 years retrospective or ...

I just retained a plate for another year and it was 25 squid. What am I missing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just retained a plate for another year and it was 25 squid. What am I missing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

you'll probably get the cheque for £25 back in the post with a 10 year retention ticket....

Roger.

Back
Top Bottom