Currency in Denmark, Sweden & Norway

DaygloDavid

Reaction score
I've read that Euros can be used in Denmark & Sweden but not in Norway.

Please can anyone confirm if this is the case or not, thanks.

"some" petrol stations near the borders did allow you to swap or give the euro amount, I've never found this a 100% reliable way to travel.

Credit cards are accepted widely, and I've always had money (whatever the local is in my pocket seemed a simpler way to do it)

Neither Sweden or Denmark are in the euro, both using a version of their own krona currency.

I go to both countries a lot; take the local wonga (it's much easier).

Neither Sweden or Denmark are in the euro, both using a version of their own krona currency.

I go to both countries a lot; take the local wonga (it's much easier).

Norway use krone too........................

They just take more of it............. :blast

I think its a bit like in the UK, a few places will take the Euro, but give change in local currency and generally give a crap exchange rate. Best to use a card where possible and buy as little cash as possible.

I visit them all quite a lot. Never bother with cash, everywhere takes cards. Most people use them far more than we do in the UK for tiny amounts of money. Never had an issue.

You can not expect to use EUR in these countries. In Sweden and Norway you do not need cash. I usually don't have any on me. In fact, the debate have started on making Norway cash free. The argument is that it is only needed for black labour and drug purchases.

Denmark is a bit different, many shops will only accept the domestic DanCard.

With regards to how much you need, the NOK has dropped some 30% vs GBP since last year. Should help?

Back
Top Bottom