Pro plug

telbenj

Reaction score
Just been looking round the bike, setting things up and getting familiar. I was looking for the connector where you plug in the Pro plug but couldn't find it anyway eventually found it had been zip tied to the main fuse cable lower down. I've not plugged it in yet as I still need to run it in so no point yet.

My question is am I right in thinking they will relocate it to where it should be during the first service ?

Also any of you guys got it plugged in and does it make a difference once you are in Dynamic pro mode, do you leave it plugged in ?

Thanks Terry

I think you just leave it plugged in which then gives you the option of Dp in the dash menu if you want it
it sharpens throttle stiffens suspension and backs off the traction
Not something I will do that often if I am Honest

I think you just leave it plugged in which then gives you the option of Dp in the dash menu if you want it

Yes I agree with you, I've tried it in Dynamic and that stiffens up the shocks, not noticed to much on throttle as I'm still running it in. May do a track day on it before the end of summer, so could give DP a go then. Looking forwards to getting the service done but have a holiday to go on first so will be a couple of weeks yet.

Terry

Terry

I fitted my plug before the first service. In the pack with the plug is a small clip that the plug goes into. This then slides onto the inside of the frame. DP gives you the sharpest throttle response, and turns off anti wheelie control.

I fitted my plug before the first service. In the pack with the plug is a small clip that the plug goes into. This then slides onto the inside of the frame. DP gives you the sharpest throttle response, and turns off anti wheelie control.

Oh dear I had better start reading the self control books again

Where do get this pro plug from,how much is it ,is it worth getting please?

Where do get this pro plug from,how much is it ,is it worth getting please?

If you have purchased the option or have the SE, it will be under your seat in a plastic bag. Instructions are in the handbook but in my case the connector and wiring had been zip tied out of view and had to un clip the green main fuse holder so I could lift it clear and reveal the connector.

Terry

Wooohooo jeez that plug makes a difference, now I really can't wait till its run in.

Terry

Wooohooo jeez that plug makes a difference, now I really can't wait till its run in.

Terry

The power of this engine has got me back but this time on the Single R, I sold my XR after 7,000 miles as I only have one bike and used it to commute to work the handle bar vibes on mine were to much I tried all the mods but it was always there.
I went back to the GSA which I covered 25,000 trouble free miles on, but couldn't quite get rid of the itch to buy another S 1000 the engine is so addictive, a few of my mates have been so convinced of my ramblings of how good they are they have gone out and brought one too.
So it's only fair I put my money back where my mouth is and join in again.

Any way as I said the engine is awesome and now it has even more power + the vibes have been sorted I'm looking forwards to picking the new S1000R up in a couple of weeks.

Terry

Back
Top Bottom