CrossPro crash bars anyone?

DevonDel

Reaction score
Anyone bought the CrossPro full engine bars from Motor works? I'm in the market for a set of full upper and lower crash bars but on a limited budget.

These CrossPros are amazing value but I was a little concerned as the are made from aluminium. Although that is a plus for weight it could be a minus for strength.

Looked everywhere for a review but with no luck, anyone tried them?

https://www.motorworks.co.uk/vlive/Shop/Parts.php?T=5&NU=15&M=35&Ct=MA&SbCt=BA_15_35_MA_22

I realise this is an old post, but since I have the bars, i thought I could reply.

Firstly, in terms of looks, these are good. They fit well and match the bike.

In terms of function, they do prevent damage to the bike. I've dropped it from stationary a couple of times, a low speed crash on road and a low speed crash off road.

The main important note to make, these are light weight aluminium bars. Therefore they bend easily. I have had to bend the bars back into shape a couple of times, not a big issue, but definitely not as substantial as a BMW, Givi or S W Motech version.

CrossPro Engine Bars on 1200 GS

I had a 50 mph off at the weekend. R1200GS slid down the road after hitting diesel . The only damage (apart from indicator lens) was to the left side CrossPro engine bars. Protected the engine, saving a fortune or insurance claim. Performance Parts have been very helpful and reasonable in providing replacements.

Back
Top Bottom