new Ducati project

The engine is now at Stotfold Engineering where the owner lives and breathes Ducati singles plus wins races on them and he reckons he’ll have the correct bevel shaft for it ‘somewhere’ so once he finds it or gets another he’s going to put the top end together and shim the bevels.

He was very impressed with the standard of work so far and reckons that just by looking at various parts it’s a low mileage one and should be a good runner. He’s also a bastard because he offered to prep the engine ready for racing and I can share his van to take it to Europe and run it in a few classic races but I’ve said not at the moment :rolleyes:

A few people here have seen the rolling chassis waiting to have the engine dropped in for a trial fit before the frame goes for powder coating and the wheels have been relaced with new spokes so it’s actually getting close to completion :D

The engine is now at Stotfold Engineering where the owner lives and breathes Ducati singles plus wins races on them and he reckons he’ll have the correct bevel shaft for it ‘somewhere’ so once he finds it or gets another he’s going to put the top end together and shim the bevels.

He was very impressed with the standard of work so far and reckons that just by looking at various parts it’s a low mileage one and should be a good runner. He’s also a bastard because he offered to prep the engine ready for racing and I can share his van to take it to Europe and run it in a few classic races but I’ve said not at the moment :rolleyes:

:D

It would make a nice bike for the Pre TT Classic in May, they have a singles race as well as the open 350 race. :augie

It would make a nice bike for the Pre TT Classic in May, they have a singles race as well as the open 350 race. :augie

I’m sure it would but if I take it anywhere it’ll be to Spa for the Bikers Classic where it’ll be me riding it and not some uncaring nutcase who’s persuaded me to hand it over :D

I’m sure it would but if I take it anywhere it’ll be to Spa for the Bikers Classic where it’ll be me riding it and not some uncaring nutcase who’s persuaded me to hand it over :D

'uncaring', how very dare you. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom