New Royal Enfield Adventure Bike

Schtum

Iconoclast
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The new Enfield Himalayan adventure bike looks like an exercise in back to basics.

Enfield_1422x948.jpg

http://www.amcn.com.au/news/1508/royal-enfield-himalayan-development-continues/

Well that's a surprise -
a 'New' Bike that i'd actually consider buying! :D

Wonder how much when (if?) it makes it to production?

Wait for it .... any minute now there will be someone along to say that it will be useless because it doesn't have at least 120bhp :blast

410cc air cooled engine. Guessing around 30bhp so I hope they've "added lightness" :)

New engine? S'pose it would have to be if they want to sell it anywhere but India etc. Looks interesting.

"The company recently purchased legendary British chassis manufacturer Harris Engineering and employed a number of respected industry professionals including former Ducati designer Pierre Terblanche. It has also set up a development facility in the UK."

Interesting times - Harley kept with V-twins (let's ignore Aermacchi) and is going other/electric now, (Meriden) Triumph's parallel twin died (ignoring Hinckley's rebirth) - could Royal Enfield become twin again? Or more (triple? V-twin?) Obviously a bit of money behind Royal Enfield - anyone know who owns them (assuming not Tata)?

It's useless because it doesn't have 120 bhp like my wonderful LC which is the best bike in the World and all the others are crap :D

I seem to remember you don't like Indian music, either. Is there a bit of a pattern here.....? :augie

I seem to remember you don't like Indian music, either. Is there a bit of a pattern here.....? :augie

When I were a lad, Ravi Shankar was the cool dude to listen to, part of the alternative hippy, yoga and everything Indian was cool culture of the time - oh yes along with a few gurus and other shit - all John Lennon's fault - left all that behind a long time ago.

P.S. Not a great fan of curry either :)

When I were a lad, Ravi Shankar was the cool dude to listen to, part of the alternative hippy, yoga and everything Indian was cool culture of the time - oh yes along with a few gurus and other shit - all John Lennon's fault - left all that behind a long time ago.

P.S. Not a great fan of curry either :)

You must've been stoned then, it was George Harrison's fault :D

Back to the bike, inevitable really but if you want a boring, robust bike to go travelling with why not stick with the KLR650?

On the new Continental GT the chassis design work was by Harris and the styling done by Xenophya Design in Cramlington.

An all new parallel twin engine is in development and apparently all future styling will be carried out by Xenophya who will become part of the Royal Enfield group.

Big changes ahead for R.E by the looks of it

On the new Continental GT the chassis design work was by Harris and the styling done by Xenophya Design in Cramlington.

An all new parallel twin engine is in development and apparently all future styling will be carried out by Xenophya who will become part of the Royal Enfield group.

Big changes ahead for R.E by the looks of it

There's irony there, designed in the most dullest place in the country, Cramlington!

"The company recently purchased legendary British chassis manufacturer Harris Engineering and employed a number of respected industry professionals including former Ducati designer Pierre Terblanche. It has also set up a development facility in the UK."

Interesting times - Harley kept with V-twins (let's ignore Aermacchi) and is going other/electric now, (Meriden) Triumph's parallel twin died (ignoring Hinckley's rebirth) - could Royal Enfield become twin again? Or more (triple? V-twin?) Obviously a bit of money behind Royal Enfield - anyone know who owns them (assuming not Tata)?
They are owned by the Eicher engineering group.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gsPc1y7YeiI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Footrest falls off @ 1.49, not a good advert and not the usual Harris fare.

Back
Top Bottom