Crosstourer DCT...Hmmm...

Sure sounds interesting and I can feel a demo coming on.

Somethings a few demo hours can't answer easily like:

1. Comfort for rider and pillion - especially the pillion seat?

No complaints from the Mrs regarding the pillion seat. And no complaints from me in respect of the riders seat ( I used an airhawk on my GS )

2. Honda panniers. Are the waterproof?
:thumb2

My own opinion is that the OEM panniers are crappy plastic, I use Givi Outback 37L alloy ones. The OEM top box leaked, it was redesigned last year.

Sure sounds interesting and I can feel a demo coming on.

Somethings a few demo hours can't answer easily like:

1. Comfort for rider and pillion - especially the pillion seat?

2. Honda panniers. Are the waterproof?
:thumb2

All day comfortable for the rider. Did 340 miles last Sunday on A & B roads around Wales and could have done another 300 easily. Pillion comfort , no idea , she doesn't go on the back anymore since the littlun was born.

Panniers, aluminium look plastic . Mine are as new in the bubble wrap not used by the previous owner or myself. Enough said. They do look waterproof:thumb

Ha... Just bought a DCT CT as promised a few posts ago...:thumb2 Shitty weather but bike shrugging it off fine... Heres to a long and hopefully (well it is a Honda:D) problem free ownership... Is Honda long term buy since the 90's and like joining a family cuddle rather than the firm Kraut handshake of BMW...

Just in case anyone needs the info... Vfr12s are subject to a shaft drive recall as some may be suspect long term... Mine is for changing and finding out is,easy via Honda uk website... New recall and not of the bmw "collapsing suspension" variety so not uber urgent... Hmuk seem dilligent about it and after owning many bm's, are perhaps a bit more forthcoming... The bike is built like a well finished outhouse so hopefully that will be it...

I am a month or so in and weather has intervened in a few weeks recently... It is a good bike... Really good engine... Fine enough handling and the semi auto box is,working v well... Overtake almost anywhere and in one of three gears with all the torque...:) soon a longer trip...:)

Thing is you boys asking about auto /DCT have missed a trick over the last 12 years
My T Max 530 (I've had 6 TMax's since they came out in 2000) is a twist and go 110 mph bike . Handles better than a lot of bikes and is a hoot to ride .I couldn't give a feck about the finess of changing gear . Auto is fantastic . If they bring out an auto Adventure I'd be first in the queue. :bow

Thing is you boys asking about auto /DCT have missed a trick over the last 12 years
My T Max 530 (I've had 6 TMax's since they came out in 2000) is a twist and go 110 mph bike . Handles better than a lot of bikes and is a hoot to ride .I couldn't give a feck about the finess of changing gear . Auto is fantastic . If they bring out an auto Adventure I'd be first in the queue. :bow
They have , havent been on here for a while ?

I wouldn't have bought a Tmax though... It's still a super scoot albeit a pretty good sounding one... With the DCT you get all the action of gears but without some of the agricultural parts so gear changes are several times quicker and subtler and the bike is ready to go all of the time...

It's all personal and my wishes wouldn't have bought a TMax et al or the fully auto diesel ADVbike that was the Track T800... The CT DCT does fully auto but I ride it manual most of the time so I can make it do what I want rather than what it wants...

Crosstourer

Just bought a Crosstourer with the DCT----very smooth up and down the box, in sport mode its just waiting to go---speed is very deceptive as the engine sounds quite all the time, look down at the speedo and you realise just how quick this bike is without realising it. Bike is heavy until you move off a little bit like the GSA but without the girth--easy for filtering through traffic.

But what do I know !!

Neils

You will be selling your garage queen of an RT next Neil:)

Nice aren't they. They don't half get a shift on if you give it a bit of the right hand. They sound lovely with a nice can , still not loud, just throaty.

Enjoy :thumb

crossourer

Gadget----I think I will sell the RT especially if i don't use it--any suggestions on the best replacement screen for the Crosstourer either Givi or Puig--the Puig i think gives slightly better wind protection.

The small standard fit screen gives no protection at all.

Any advice out there on screens ?

Gadget----I think I will sell the RT especially if i don't use it--any suggestions on the best replacement screen for the Crosstourer either Givi or Puig--the Puig i think gives slightly better wind protection.

The small standard fit screen gives no protection at all.

Any advice out there on screens ?

I have a spare MRA screen you,could borrow/ try if you ever get over this way . East Cheshire / Stoke on Trent .

I had a VFR1200 which runs the same engine. Smooth and quick. Tank range was an utter ball ache though and was one of the main reasons for getting rid of it in the end.

Just bought a 2013 CT DCT following test ride. Stunning bike and absolute lightweight compared to my 1600GT which I traded. Riding position is better than my 1600 now that I've got problems with my knees. On the CT my knee joint is more like 90 degrees so less pressure on the joint and not having to go up & down the box on the gear lever is a massive plus for me. Riding position is very similar to a string of GS's I've previously owned. I do at least one long distance continental tour to the lumpy bits of Europe each year and can't wait for our planned 2017 tour of Picos & Pyrenees!

I drive petrol tankers for a living,im 55 and have been driving class 1 Artics since i was 21, modern trucks are now fully auto with stalk shift manual if prefered, they are electronic so no torque converter...i miss stick shift, eaton twin spliters, range change boxes with spliters and two speed axles...my point is DCT is a clever piece of kit but surely we ride bikes for the mechanical way we interact with our bike, clutching and changing gear i think having a dct would get very old very quick. Alot of us drivers joke how alot of the young guys in our industry wouldnt be able to operate the manual trucks...maybe that will be the case with riders in the future...just my view...

I drive petrol tankers for a living,im 55 and have been driving class 1 Artics since i was 21, modern trucks are now fully auto with stalk shift manual if prefered, they are electronic so no torque converter...i miss stick shift, eaton twin spliters, range change boxes with spliters and two speed axles...my point is DCT is a clever piece of kit but surely we ride bikes for the mechanical way we interact with our bike, clutching and changing gear i think having a dct would get very old very quick. Alot of us drivers joke how alot of the young guys in our industry wouldnt be able to operate the manual trucks...maybe that will be the case with riders in the future...just my view...

That was a man's gearbox :thumb

Get a room Yorkie Bar Boys !!:p

Back
Top Bottom