Crosstourer DCT...Hmmm...

Gadget----I think I will sell the RT especially if i don't use it--any suggestions on the best replacement screen for the Crosstourer either Givi or Puig--the Puig i think gives slightly better wind protection.

The small standard fit screen gives no protection at all.

Any advice out there on screens ?
I have the Guvi adjustable one on mine and find it very good

Delightfully Comfortable Transisioning

Found that I was suffering severe cramping in my clutch so I've just swapped my 2013 manual Highlander for a 2015 DCT version and absolutely love it.
The choice' s are all there - normal drive mode, used on most occasions, - sport mode, the beast just flies, so only used when in "hooligan" mood, - and manual mode, still not used it for any distance yet, but simplicity itself.

I really liked my dct and thought it a very high quality bike... I used manual out of town and auto for boring town work where you couldn't be arsed... Quick bike and some really great bits... Fuel range was a bit low... It can drink if you wind it on... I couldn't get properly comfy and when pushing it it was a bit slow steering and generally a bit heavy feeling... All the above canbe dismissed if it doesn't matter...

Still got mine, and I've looked, but there's nothing out there that I would want to change it for, was tempted by the AT DCT deal, but that was as far as it got, I have upgraded the suspension units, but other than that it runs like a Swiss watch and does everything I need.

Still got mine, and I've looked, but there's nothing out there that I would want to change it for, was tempted by the AT DCT deal, but that was as far as it got, I have upgraded the suspension units, but other than that it runs like a Swiss watch and does everything I need.

I was soooooo tempted by that AT deal too but I still thought I'd be spending money to 'downgrade' from the CT and I'd just spent a big wedge on the FULL 16k service. What suspension upgrade did you go for Gadg ?

I went for the Andreani fork inserts, fitted by FTR at Braintree and a Nitron rear shock, with the remote preload adjustment. And it was great on trips this year to Germany and the Highlands/NC500 but have just, in a rash moment, bought a pre owned, full fat, Hyperpro 461 off the Crosstourer forum recently to try, so will sell one of them, when I've decided which I prefer.

I went for the Andreani fork inserts, fitted by FTR at Braintree and a Nitron rear shock, with the remote preload adjustment. And it was great on trips this year to Germany and the Highlands/NC500 but have just, in a rash moment, bought a pre owned, full fat, Hyperpro 461 off the Crosstourer forum recently to try, so will sell one of them, when I've decided which I prefer.

I set the suspension setting up as per the one that come frequently recommended on the CT forum not long after I got it . It does improve the handling but the ride is quite shift and harsh . My best riding buddy couldnt believe how stiff it is compared to his GS when he rode and I certainly notice I get bounced out of the seat a lot more than he does on fast bumpy roads. I would quite like something composed but plusher .

I set the suspension setting up as per the one that come frequently recommended on the CT forum not long after I got it . It does improve the handling but the ride is quite shift and harsh . My best riding buddy couldnt believe how stiff it is compared to his GS when he rode and I certainly notice I get bounced out of the seat a lot more than he does on fast bumpy roads. I would quite like something composed but plusher .

That's what I found with mine... Jolting hits on harsh stuff... I'm still on the original shocks at 65k on an 11gs and the ride is far better... Like I said... Great bike but not quite a package...

Back
Top Bottom