DRZ 400S

johnfoxllb

Reaction score
As I await parts for the 690R, I thought I'd make a start on the DRZ.

She's a nice one with only 1600 miles, plenty of stuff to add to make it RTW ready (round to Waitrose)

Clarke tank hopefully on this afternoon!

I've got one like that, watching with interest

Surprise you didn't fit the neat proper carbon frame guards, so much neater:augie

Are you fitting a more durable stainless header pipe:D

Attachments

• IMG_3498.jpg
    IMG_3498.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,206
  • IMG_3497.jpg
    IMG_3497.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,204
  • IMG_3488.jpg
    IMG_3488.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,094
JB

Yes, I have the stainless header ready to go on. Also have a Happy Trails battery box, Moose Racing headlight guard, Suzuki gel seat, and an OE kick start kit.

Going to stick an uprated rear spring in it and a 20mm jack up kit.

The clarke tank is now on.

JB

Yes, I have the stainless header ready to go on. Also have a Happy Trails battery box, Moose Racing headlight guard, Suzuki gel seat, and an OE kick start kit.

Going to stick an uprated rear spring in it and a 20mm jack up kit.

The clarke tank is now on.

Why the jack up kit?

Doesn't need it

I tried the Suzuki gel seat and it was not brill, now got a Seat Concepts on from the USA, much better - now 1.5 hour comfy

Can you do links to some of the suppliers, under the parts fitted

How was the fit quality of the Clarke Tank, good or just ok?

Nice bike but such a shame about the colour - everybody knows that the yellow ones are faster.

Hope you don't mind me sticking my nose in johnfoxlib, but there is one other important mod you should do.

Fit a case saver in place of the front sprocket cover.

I had a chain break last week and the chain wrapped its self around the front sprocket, the case is a bit scratched but not holed.

I remember when my bike locked as clean as yours :blast

Couple of photos……….

Attachments

• P7250003.jpg
    P7250003.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,033
  • P9020002.jpg
    P9020002.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,128
Johnfoxllb..... I was just wondering.......

Is your OCD as bad as mine ?......As in, will you be cleaning to perfection all the original parts that you replace and then wrap them in bubble wrap so they can go with the bike when you (inevitably) sell it.....???

It's a curse isn't it ??......:D

Cracking bike......Enjoy.......:thumb

Johnfoxllb..... I was just wondering.......

Is your OCD as bad as mine ?......As in, will you be cleaning to perfection all the original parts that you replace and then wrap them in bubble wrap so they can go with the bike when you (inevitably) sell it.....???

It's a curse isn't it ??......:D

Cracking bike......Enjoy.......:thumb

That is a bad curse

The mods continue unabated.

New K60's, K-Tech spring, Happy Trails battery box, stainless wheel spacers, stainless downpipe.....

Everything taken off and cleaned, bagged and tied:D It's important to put the needs of the next owner before oneself:blast

Hope you don't mind me sticking my nose in johnfoxlib, but there is one other important mod you should do.

Fit a case saver in place of the front sprocket cover.

I had a chain break last week and the chain wrapped its self around the front sprocket, the case is a bit scratched but not holed.

I remember when my bike locked as clean as yours :blast

Couple of photos……….

Sound advice. What make is the case saver?

Generally, could those posting images showing a build up of grease, grime and other detritus preface their post with a warning that the photos show scenes which may upset some viewers?:tears

Don't want to freak you out Mr but there's some bubble wrap on your workshop floor in the second picture :eek:

Looks lush

Did you go for the Delkevic header, like me?

Happy Trail have some nice stuff

Are you planning a trip on it?

Looks lush

Did you go for the Delkevic header, like me?

Happy Trail have some nice stuff

Are you planning a trip on it?

Hi JB

Yes, went for the Delkevic header. Want to get the kick start fitted in the next few days then button it all up.

I'm thinking maybe a trip to Iceland on her or maybe Scandinavia.

Have a Seat Concepts coming for the 690R so if that works out I'll order one for the DRZ.

Back
Top Bottom