Handlebar mounted visor cleaner sponge thingy

Find a little spray bottle. Put your washing-up based solution in it. Find a little sponge. Put it all in a little plastic bag. Just how hard is it to be a bikermate these days?

Failing that. Buy an artificial shammy cloth (the real ones rot) and chop it to a size that suits you. Wet it with the simple water that comes out of a tap. Put it in a plastic bag, to keep it moist. In another plastic bag put a microfibre cloth or similar. I’ll leave you to work out how to use them together. I’ve employed this happy method for many years, without recourse to rebuke myself for my stupidity. Indeed, I think it’s genius in its simplicity. You will, too.

I reviving this now rather old thread I am hoping to find a modern day solution.
I bought one once from Rainbow in Rotherham. I am told it was a motorax or motorex product. Whichever one went bust.

It was a bottle of cleaning fluid ( replaced over time with constant washing-uo liquiid top ups) with a small and simple on off gate switch and a triangular shaped sponge thing which had a plastic cap that went over the front.

Highly effective and useful in the pocket piece of kit. If you felt the need to dry it most take-away places offer free tissues.. opps ...I'm told I mean serviettes.
Sadly after many years use the sponge gave up the ghost.

So 3 years since the OP Is anyone now able to tell me please where I might now purchase such a thing as this years bugs appear to be in much greater numbers this year and somewhat bigger and juicier than I remember.

Find a little spray bottle. Put your washing-up based solution in it. Find a little sponge. Put it all in a little plastic bag. Just how hard is it to be a bikermate these days?

Failing that. Buy an artificial shammy cloth (the real ones rot) and chop it to a size that suits you. Wet it with the simple water that comes out of a tap. Put it in a plastic bag, to keep it moist. In another plastic bag put a microfibre cloth or similar. I’ll leave you to work out how to use them together. I’ve employed this happy method for many years, without recourse to rebuke myself for my stupidity. Indeed, I think it’s genius in its simplicity. You will, too.

I wondered why this thread had been resurrected yesterday and now I see why. Tommo you fekkin Dee Dah, are you for real? Wapping dear boy, how utterly unimaginative your so called solution is. If only life was so simple. I have waited and searched for the last three years for this 'holy grail' and it looks like Smogbob has finally found it for me. Thanks Smogbob, I've also ordered the refill kit, all in all a stupendous bargain at forty fukkin dollars for fukks sakes.

(I do hope Smogbob's wee gadget comes with full instructions on how to operate it)

I have one.
Bought it in Maddocks, Bray, Co.Wicklow.

Check...

maddocks.ie

I paid a tenner for it and top it up with Muc-off visor cleaner when it needs topping up.

I'll take a pic later to see if there is a brand on it.

Sent from a U11

Thank you Younger6 and NIN both of you restored my belief that I had described the object adequately for it to be identified.

No thanks to all those that offered sponge in a bag type replies though it is my own fault I failed to mention that is what I have been using.

Thank you Tinytim for your reply ..seemingly derisive and entertaining at the same time, as one might expect from a son of Sheffield and sadly useless at the same time as might be expected from someone who was willing to jump to conclusions about me be being a Dee Dah. Though I am not ashamed to be taken as one.

Thank you Younger6 and NIN both of you restored my belief that I had described the object adequately

Ah but I use mine with a piece of faded yellow microfibre cloth, that I don't keep in a zip lock bag. Does that make me a heretic?

I have my butler follow at a respectful distance. When required, he cleans my visor with a cloth made of unicorn hide moistened with virgins' tears. Problem solved.

The MZ Club suggestion was a cut off washing up bottle. Fairy liquid is best. Don’t be too cheap. Stick it on the petrol filler cap with blue tac. A washing up sponge on a stick lets you swab soapy water over your visor.

What more could you want?

The MZ Club suggestion was a cut off washing up bottle. Fairy liquid is best. Don’t be too cheap. Stick it on the petrol filler cap with blue tac. A washing up sponge on a stick lets you swab soapy water over your visor.

What more could you want?

Dignity?

I finally tracked down 2 of these ....Freeview Visor Cleaner..... for £20 with free postage
Freeview2_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Sorry about the image size
From https://throttle-monkeys.com/
a tenner each is a little pricey I think but if they last as long as the previous one then worth it in the the long run for the convenience.

Which are exactly what I was looking for
Thank you for all responses especially the ones that were actually useful

The included instructions for use may prove useful for some of the people that gave less than useful help

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom