Handlebar mounted visor cleaner sponge thingy

rdover

Reaction score
Many years ago I had a NN product which was essentially a rough sponge in a wee black box that cable tied to the handlebars. The sponge was glued to the lid and it allowed you to wash your visor of bugs/crud rather than scratching hell out of it.

4 years after selling my last bike I am collecting my new 12GSLC on Monday and looking for this 'essential' accessory. Does anyone know what it was called and where I might get it from? I've checked NN but no sign.

Most folk would use a tennis ball with a hole for the sponge cable and tied to the bars.

That would get the bike attacked by my dog who assumes all tennis balls are hers :D:D

I'll colour it in black, that'll fool her!

Best solution i have found for visor cleaning is a small dry bag of the type canoists use to keep their mobile safe and dry, a 8 inch square of synthetic chamoix wetted up and then kept in the aforementioned dry bag with the air squeezed out and then kept in a pocket or on the bike.

When it starts to get dry just top the bag up when you visit a toilet (from the tap not your cock)

Works a treat and IMO better than those V sponge things

It needs to be synthetic chamoix as real will just rot and stink

Washing up so he on a handle with a bog brush holder cup gaffer taped to the petrol cap.
Sorted.

I always bring a packet of baby wipes, good for all sorts of emergencies.

Lid off an aerosol can. Make sure it isn't one with a hole in though, or your sponge dries out. :thumb
Mark

A passing puppy will often suffice.

I previously used something like this

waterproof-cruise-card-holder-522726894.jpg

fixed to the handlebars containing water and one of these

v2sponge.png

One handed operation easily completed on the move. Worked brilliantly on the Dalton. In fact I must do the same on my current bike. The best quality waterproof money holder is worth paying for, the cheap plastic cracks easily.

I reviving this now rather old thread I am hoping to find a modern day solution.
I bought one once from Rainbow in Rotherham. I am told it was a motorax or motorex product. Whichever one went bust.

It was a bottle of cleaning fluid ( replaced over time with constant washing-uo liquiid top ups) with a small and simple on off gate switch and a triangular shaped sponge thing which had a plastic cap that went over the front.

Highly effective and useful in the pocket piece of kit. If you felt the need to dry it most take-away places offer free tissues.. opps ...I'm told I mean serviettes.
Sadly after many years use the sponge gave up the ghost.

So 3 years since the OP Is anyone now able to tell me please where I might now purchase such a thing as this years bugs appear to be in much greater numbers this year and somewhat bigger and juicier than I remember.

I have one.
Bought it in Maddocks, Bray, Co.Wicklow.

Check...

maddocks.ie

I paid a tenner for it and top it up with Muc-off visor cleaner when it needs topping up.

I'll take a pic later to see if there is a brand on it.

Sent from a U11

Back
Top Bottom